Backwoodsok

» Support TQJ

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Online Users: 25

3 members and 22 guests
Most users ever online was 459, 11-07-2010 at 10:58 PM.

» Stats

Members: 3,109
Threads: 14,363
Top Poster: PigCicles (10,055)
Welcome to our newest member, Mienshao
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Oklahoma Joe's Review

Please use this thread to post your personal review of Oklahoma Joe's of Broken Arrow. Hope everyone can make it and enjoys the food.
    FB

I plan on posting some pix and stuff on other forums too.

I think that all of us should to help repay him for the free food.

I had already planned on a "generous" tip.
    Master Cabinetmaker,KCBS Certified Judge,Student of the smoking arts,All around gear head
    Ugly drum smoker,Chargriller,Custom Backwoods Chubby,Bellfab backyard model

"I love what mine cause, whats mine is all mine. Gives me a reason to go get more"- John Popper, Blues Traveler.

Oklahoma Joe's Bar-B-Cue
    333 W Albany
    Broken Arrow, OK 74012

The Q Joint was blessed to be asked to join Joe at the recently opened Oklahoma Joe's restaurant in Broken Arrow. There were 20 to 25 in attendance for this review on February 11, 2012.

First off let me start by sending out a HUGE "THANK YOU JOE!" back. We all enjoyed your hospitality and food and I know that we will ALL be back to visit again.

When my wife and I arrived we were promtly met at the door and once we discussed who we were with, was promptly directed to the table to wait on the rest of the group to arrive.

During our wait we were given our cups for drinks and a menu to look over to see what all is offered at the restaurant. Joe himself was making rounds to talk to patrons and came to talk to us too. A very pleasant gentleman with wonderful personality.

Meet Joe:

Our meal for this visit was served family style, but on a normal daily visit you would go to the counter and order whatever your heart desires that day and expect to have it served perfectly cooked.

During our visit Joe would bring out some examples of meats as they came out of the smoker. He brought out a beautiful rack of pork ribs that had a wonderful color and full of flavor, cooked to the point of coming off the bone easily.

Joe came back in just a little bit with the point from one of their tastey briskets. This point was destined to become burnt ends. Joe described how they go through the process of removing the point from the flat, removing the excess fat, and reseasoned and finally put back to the smoke to finish up for burnt ends.

I gotta say I do have a thing for burnt ends and Joe knows burnt ends.

With all the food that came out .. from starting with the toast, pickles, jalepenos, to the brisket, ribs, turkey, pulled pork, suasage, and baloney .. .whewwww!!! We all got more than a belly full of deightful BBQ

The restaurant is decorated with banners showing the MANY wins / competitions that Joe BBQ is famous for and backs up the statement "Joe Knows BBQ".

If you are ever near one of Joe's BBQ homes (I say that cuz you feel at home when you are there) you HAVE to stop in and enjoy whatever your heart desires .. it's all GOOD!

Without further spill .. here are the pics I was able to get. Sorry for the lack of quality as I only had my phone with me.

Banners:

The best sauce on the planet award winning sauce:

Joe getting the "point" across .. telling about his burnt ends

The Menu

Reserved .. it really happened

The Q Joint group:

The slaw:

The beans:

My plate:

While there I picked up a grill made for a special occassion at Nassau .. 1 of 80 made for that event with no more than 2 fires in it:

Once again ya'll gotta get out to Oklahoma Joe's for some of the best Que you can get away from home. Expect a great experience and remember "Joe Know Bar-B-Cue!"

Thanks Joe!

Plank Owner ..................
    I didn't fight my way to the top of the food chain to be a vegetarian!

I got pix too Joe, I just gotta get the time to load them.

Nice review!

I'm begining to think I'm the only one that went ... maybe I dreamed it all.

Anyone else have a review of their experience?
    Plank Owner ..................
    I didn't fight my way to the top of the food chain to be a vegetarian!

Wish I could have gone! Looks like a good time!
    "Once I thought I was wrong, but I was mistaken."
    Tom, smoker of meats and fine cigars
    UDS, Vicking grill

OK, company is gone now, chores are done and here is my report.

We were welcomed in style. Joe most certainly knows hospitality:

Here is a look at the crowd:

And here is a slab of ribs that Joe brought out to show us before they were served:

Now comes the bad part. I shot abotu 5 minutes of video with my phone as I walked around the table and showed the food as well as all the people, but when I went to load it, only the first two ro three seconds was there.

My summation is that it was at least as good as any BBQ joint I have eaten at and better than most. the hospitality was extreme, the food was great, the camaraderie was impeccable, and a great time was had by all!

Maybe Joe will do this for us again next year.

I am going to post about this on every site I know of to try to help him out with some publicity. I sure hope that everybody else that enjoyed the treat will do the same.

I did not get any pics, BUT...... I got some fine que!!! This was an outstanding event presented by Joe personally. Having visited the two Oklahoma Joe's in KC I'll say Broken Arrow has the best of the bunch.
    Jane and I really enjoyed the feast and a hospitable weekend at the Okie Ranch.
    My favorites were the burnt ends, ribs, and the beans. Not to say the other items were not excellent, those were just the ones I liked best. I also favored the hot links and smoked baloney. Ummm....... and the pulled pork. And the............

THANKS JOE!!!!!!
    "If you can't smell smoke it ain't a barbeque joint" peculiarmike

TQJ Plankowner

"Life's tough.....It's even tougher if you're stupid."
    - John Wayne

What a fantastic meal! Friends and great food, who can argue with that?

It was nice putting some faces with the names on here!

Thanks again to Joe and the gang at Oklahoma Joes, it was wonderful!
    Cheers, Mike
    Southern Style Cooker, 2-Hasty Bake's, Webber 22" one touch silver, UDS

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast