usbbqsupply

» Support TQJ

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Online Users: 30

9 members and 21 guests
Most users ever online was 459, 11-07-2010 at 10:58 PM.

» Stats

Members: 3,109
Threads: 14,363
Top Poster: PigCicles (10,055)
Welcome to our newest member, Mienshao
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Hughes View Post
    No.

Tim please delete my membership so I don't get anymore emails from this forum.

Jeff,
    If they haven't got around to deleting you go up to the top of the page and use that little box that says thread tool.click on unsubscribe.That should stop the emails.
    Paul

CBBQA
    18.5 Weber Smokey Joe Platinum
    22.5 Weber One Touch
    Ugly Drum

Seems to me that there are two strong opinions going here. It's okay if you don't appreciate the brisket. I do agree that sliced to order would be great, and I go to a locally ran place that slices to order and the brisket is better than what I got in Broken Arrow.

Now that said, I doubt that the whole brisket experience would keep me from going back. In fact quite the opposite - I personally WILL go back to try the whole menu straight from the counter.

Jeff, I don't think just because there is a difference of opinions that you need to cancel, quit, or get mad. Differences happen. Agree to disagree. If OK Joe's isn't your cup of Q, I'm okay with that.

Go back with an open mind, try the burnt ends from a production point of view. If you compare to what you put out for yourself on a single cooked basis you will be sorely disappointed. Compare to the other restaurants you have visited.

Nuff rambling I suppose, but I just don't see the need to get worked up over a review.
    Plank Owner ..................
    I didn't fight my way to the top of the food chain to be a vegetarian!

I am totally cool with differing opinions. It is a very cool thing about the internet. I asked to be deleted because Tim chose to ridicule me. People pay me very good money for my restaurant knowledge, it's what I do for a living(build, consult, cater) and I don't appreciate his attitude. The mature tact would have been to agree to disagree.

Like I said. I like Joe, we have cooked next to each other several times. Had he been there I would have told him what I think. Constructive criticism is a good thing. I think the place has great potential, but both times I was there, I encountered or observed issues beyond the brisket.

You guys were there as high profile guests, you all can obviously spread a lot of good word, and I think Joe was smart to comp you.

Just so you guys know, in a "friends and family" situation at a restaurant, standard practice is to tip the servers about what you would have paid for the meal.

As I said, I will go back for the burnt ends.

Thanks for the tip on getting rid of the emails...
    Big Black Klose
    Big Green Egg
    Hasty Bake Legacy
    Weber Kettle

I missed this one but was probably tied up anyways (boys bball games and all)... I want to get out there at some point, though.
    Glen
    Large Charcoal Vertical & UDS
    Blue Thermopen
    www.coltecconsulting.com

Jeff, you are right, My Oklahoma Jeff comment was prolly a bit snarky, and I apologize.

Please understand though. I don't think that oyu have been around for a year or more, and then you show up ragging on the guy that just got through feeding the forum for free, and feeding us well.

Joe is a very successful restaurateur, and unless he is lying, he DOES still own controlling interest in the KC stores. I don't figure him a liar. I understand too where you are coming from because I had the same understanding that you did.

I do hope you accept my apology, but at the same time, I really think that the type of negative opinions you expressed toward the guy that so graciously hosted us was a bit out of line and tactless.

I wish I had been there for the Q Joint gathering! I remember seeing pics of you guys on their FB page. Here's the review I wrote when they opened: http://www.tulsafoodguy.com/blog/201...es-comes-home/

Just had a chance to read through the rest of this thread. I will agree with Jeff that you guys probably did get some special treatment, but... as Foursquare told me today... I've been 15 times and probably 10 have been going through the line. For me, it's all about the pork. From my days at the original in Stillwater, the pulled pork is king. And the ribs are almost always perfect. If brisket is your thing, try the Joe Dip. As for hot links, I personally prefer the Mountain View links that many OK BBQ joints use. You can buy these at Reasors as well and make your own.

For the record, Billy Sims is pretty good for a chain. Not on Joe's level though. And they have some fantastic links.

Very nice review and well written article. It kept my attention all the way through. Thanks for sharing the link with us.
    Plank Owner ..................
    I didn't fight my way to the top of the food chain to be a vegetarian!

Quote Originally Posted by TulsaFoodGuy View Post
    Just had a chance to read through the rest of this thread. I will agree with Jeff that you guys probably did get some special treatment, but... as Foursquare told me today... I've been 15 times and probably 10 have been going through the line. For me, it's all about the pork. From my days at the original in Stillwater, the pulled pork is king. And the ribs are almost always perfect. If brisket is your thing, try the Joe Dip. As for hot links, I personally prefer the Mountain View links that many OK BBQ joints use. You can buy these at Reasors as well and make your own.

For the record, Billy Sims is pretty good for a chain. Not on Joe's level though. And they have some fantastic links.
    I'm with you on the Mountainview links. That recipe was around long before Mountainview. I used to get them from the old Okmulgee packing Co.. I was delighted to find them once again being produced. I missed them for all the years in the interim.

Joe knows too, he just has a tie to the brand that he uses.

I must respectfully choose to dissent on your Billy Simms opinion.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4