Backwoodsok

» Support TQJ

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Online Users: 21

3 members and 18 guests
Most users ever online was 459, 11-07-2010 at 10:58 PM.

» Stats

Members: 3,109
Threads: 14,363
Top Poster: PigCicles (10,055)
Welcome to our newest member, Mienshao

Default Mapp Torch Recall

Thanks, I have a Worthington here, Ill have to look too see if I have a second somewhere
    Lang 48 DX Mobile

Thanx for the heads up!

I use Worthington MAPP on an almost daily basis at the shop and for lighting all my cookers at home. Both were purchased before the specified date. If I read it right, the danger only occurs after the torch is disconnected. I won't be doing that till the thing is dead empty. So, isn't that exactly what they tell you to do? Light it and empty the tank? I think I'll do just that. One fire at a time.
    Master Cabinetmaker,KCBS Certified Judge,Student of the smoking arts,All around gear head
    Ugly drum smoker,Chargriller,Custom Backwoods Chubby,Bellfab backyard model

"I love what mine cause, whats mine is all mine. Gives me a reason to go get more"- John Popper, Blues Traveler.

Quote Originally Posted by cabinetmaker View Post
    I use Worthington MAPP on an almost daily basis at the shop and for lighting all my cookers at home. Both were purchased before the specified date. If I read it right, the danger only occurs after the torch is disconnected. I won't be doing that till the thing is dead empty. So, isn't that exactly what they tell you to do? Light it and empty the tank? I think I'll do just that. One fire at a time.
    Why do you use MAPP instead of propane?

Cause its cheaper, last longer, and burns hotter. One bottle of mapp lights my cookers 3 times a week for over a year. About 8 bucks. How many of those little green bottles do you buy a year? It also provides enough heat to loosen bolts that been tight for over 40 years. Propane won't touch that.
    Master Cabinetmaker,KCBS Certified Judge,Student of the smoking arts,All around gear head
    Ugly drum smoker,Chargriller,Custom Backwoods Chubby,Bellfab backyard model

"I love what mine cause, whats mine is all mine. Gives me a reason to go get more"- John Popper, Blues Traveler.

I used to use it w/ oxygen for cutting etc. when I worked in Wyoming. Apparently acetylene won't work at 5000 ft plus altitude, but that is the only experience I have had with it.

I use 3 or 4 bottles of propane a year, so I guess the cost is fairly comparable.