usbbqsupply

» Support TQJ

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Online Users: 26

5 members and 21 guests
Most users ever online was 459, 11-07-2010 at 10:58 PM.

» Stats

Members: 3,109
Threads: 14,363
Top Poster: PigCicles (10,055)
Welcome to our newest member, Mienshao

Thread: Great Results

Default Great Results

Gentlemen, I cooked for an event on Friday. No pics because we were in the cold rain and colder wind all day long and I didn't want to ruin my camera so it stayed in the car....sorry. Anyway, the real topic of the post is marinades and spices. I used Deep Beef on the brisket and Bark on the butts, and HC rub on both. They were injected and rubbed the night before. The result was outstanding....moist, flavorful and tender. Also cooked some corn in the smoker. We broke the ears into cobbettes, coated them with Rooster Booster and then brushed on a pretty thick coat (with a small paint brush) of a mixture of 1/2 mayonaise and 1/2 butter. The butter/mayo had been warmed in the smoker enough until we could whip them together and the mixture was smooth; piled them in a foil pan and then in the smoker for 30 or 40 minutes at 225; stirred them around to turn and re-position them at 15 minutes or so. The corn was the best I ever had; that Rooster Booster stole the show.

Most excellent Daddeo! Glad it all worked out for ya. Never heard of the mayo mix on corn tho - interesting. I'll give it a shot to see how it goes.
    Plank Owner ..................
    I didn't fight my way to the top of the food chain to be a vegetarian!

Glad it all worked for you.

sorry that I missed the no dove dove hunt too. I've just been really caught up short of late.

If you like the Bark, you need to try the Pure Pork Power next time.

Quote Originally Posted by Daddeo View Post
    Gentlemen, I cooked for an event on Friday. No pics because we were in the cold rain and colder wind all day long and I didn't want to ruin my camera so it stayed in the car....sorry. Anyway, the real topic of the post is marinades and spices. I used Deep Beef on the brisket and Bark on the butts, and HC rub on both. They were injected and rubbed the night before. The result was outstanding....moist, flavorful and tender. Also cooked some corn in the smoker. We broke the ears into cobbettes, coated them with Rooster Booster and then brushed on a pretty thick coat (with a small paint brush) of a mixture of 1/2 mayonaise and 1/2 butter. The butter/mayo had been warmed in the smoker enough until we could whip them together and the mixture was smooth; piled them in a foil pan and then in the smoker for 30 or 40 minutes at 225; stirred them around to turn and re-position them at 15 minutes or so. The corn was the best I ever had; that Rooster Booster stole the show.
    Glad to hear of your success Daddeo!

I'm a fool for butter on COC, but I've seen folks do the Mayo thing especially in Hispanic neighborhoods. Never tried myself, but the combo tickles my fancy! Gotta try! Thanks for sharing!
    "Once I thought I was wrong, but I was mistaken."
    Tom, smoker of meats and fine cigars
    UDS, Vicking grill

Definitely am going to try corn that way next time. On a side note, some people I know from Mexico City rub their cooked corn down w/ mayo, then roll in parmesan cheese and dust with cayenne. It is incredible. Just my.
    2 Weber 22.5 OTS
    2 Weber 14.5 SJS
    UDS
    Weber 14.5 SJG Smoker
    Akorn Jr.

Chili lime aioli, cotija cheese and ground red chili here. Yeah, it's good.