PDA

View Full Version : elk jerky

salmonclubber
07-03-2008, 08:45 AM
hello everyone
i was cleaning out the freezer and found 4 pounds of elk burger i decided to make some jerky using hi mtn jerky seasoning original formula that stuff is great all of hi mtn products are great i use them a lot i mixed up the season and cure and mixed in with meat and i put meat into a plastic bag and into the fridge for 12 hours
i then used my jerky shooter to set the meat on the racks i really like my jerky shooter then i put them into the smoker i used my gosm set on low and used hickory it took around 5 hours to do this batch it turned out really good here is a pic

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f45/salmonclubber/100_0891.jpg

peculiarmike
07-03-2008, 10:34 AM
Looks great!
I'm with you - Hi Mountain is good stuff and the jerky shooter is the deal. I make a lot of venison jerky, no elk around here. Armadillos though. :cool:
I use the jerky shooter to fill ABT's also. Makes easy work of it. Cut the top off, devein & deseed, squirt it full of stuffing with the shooter, some bacon and they are ready to smoke.

salmonclubber
07-03-2008, 02:19 PM
mike

thats a great idea i will have to try that the next time i make a batch of ABT's thanks

PigCicles
07-03-2008, 09:33 PM
:wow: That jerky looks great! I wish I had some! Thanks for making me feel jerky deprived :msn-wink: Nice job!