PDA

View Full Version : Amount advice please!!!!!

Shiz-Nit
07-31-2011, 04:14 PM
Question for 80 adults - (No kids)

How many briskets?
and how many large chickens to make BBQ pulled chicken?

I was thinking;
Briskets (3) - 10 to 11#
Chix - (5) - large birds to shread for pulled chicken

we will serve 4 other sides as well.

jmcrig
07-31-2011, 04:30 PM
If I'm not breaking any rules, here is a link to a catering spreadsheet. Hope this works.

http://www.bbq-review.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10

SmokyOkie
07-31-2011, 05:57 PM
I think we have that spreadsheet or something similar posted somewhere around here.

I think you may be a tad light. It looks like less than 1/4# of brisket per person. I guess that is OK so long as everybody wants some chicken.

Why pulled chix? Did somebody request it?

Shiz-Nit
07-31-2011, 06:35 PM
I think we have that spreadsheet or something similar posted somewhere around here.

I think you may be a tad light. It looks like less than 1/4# of brisket per person. I guess that is OK so long as everybody wants some chicken.

yea this lady has been all over the place.
1st she wanted brisket, pulled chicken and ribs
next
ribs and pulled chicken
know
brisket and pulled chicken

she said 100% she wanted us to do the job though

Shiz-Nit
07-31-2011, 06:38 PM

How about;

3 14# briskets
5 large birds

SmokyOkie
07-31-2011, 09:20 PM
Standard serving of meat with 4 sides for an average crowd would be 1/4# per person cooked meat. You will give up 40%-50% precooked wieght to cooking, so 3x14=52#x .50%=26# of cooked meat. 1/4# per person for 80 people would be 20# needed for an average crowd, so 3x14# would be enough at least.

The prollem here is that you don't know which meat people are going to want. I mean, if you cook enough of each meat for everybody to fill up on each, you will have a bunch left over of one or the other, or both. Perhaps you should price it on a per person weight of each meat and let her decide how much she wants to spend.

Shiz-Nit
07-31-2011, 09:26 PM
Standard serving of meat with 4 sides for an average crowd would be 1/4# per person cooked meat. You will give up 40%-50% precooked wieght to cooking, so 3x14=52#x .50%=26# of cooked meat. 1/4# per person for 80 people would be 20# needed for an average crowd, so 3x14# would be enough at least.

The prollem here is that you don't know which meat people are going to want. I mean, if you cook enough of each meat for everybody to fill up on each, you will have a bunch left over of one or the other, or both. Perhaps you should price it on a per person weight of each meat and let her decide how much she wants to spend.

hay that is a good idea... she is by far the most wacked out person I have talked to in years... The bad thing is this is a wedding shower put on by the fathers parents... the dad and mom are both Dr.'s and she is trying to cut my cost.

I am just adding all my cost and X it by 2 which so far = $725 end total...

this includes 2 meats, buns, homemade sauces, 3 sides and serving the people... all yea and our homemade ice tea that she likes so much... which know is for 70 and not 80 as it was the last 2 day's..... that is $10.35 a plate...

Good thing they have had the food all ready at the last gig I did or I would just say NO at this point... The dad said it was the Best BBQ he had ever had and his office is in the works on booking a gig also for the holiday's.

SmokyOkie
07-31-2011, 09:33 PM
Just tell her that cut cost is cut meat. Charge enough that you can afford to have left overs.:shrug: