PDA

View Full Version : Show Us Your Gasser

Toast
07-29-2011, 05:35 PM
I know UDS is King here but for a quick cook or for a couple, a gas grill is hard to beat. I've been able to turn out some tasty food on this rig. What type do you all have?

Weber S-320. SS Flavorizer bars on order:

http://i52.tinypic.com/vrfy1h.jpg

Some BB's with a wood chip smoke packet:

http://i52.tinypic.com/2d27q51.jpg

Thanks for viewing. :thumbs up:

BluDawg
07-29-2011, 05:49 PM
Only Gasser I own:moon::roflmaoha0:

Toast
07-29-2011, 06:29 PM
Only Gasser I own:moon::roflmaoha0:
Tuff Crowd! :moon: :smack:

Primo
07-29-2011, 06:38 PM
never had a gasser ,how do they cook .i mite get one and try it out .what is a good gasser.

Toast
07-29-2011, 06:53 PM
never had a gasser ,how do they cook .i mite get one and try it out .what is a good gasser.

I've seen your Great posts Greenegg. They can't do what your rigs do but it sure fit's my needs. That being said, I can attempt to cook just about any cut of meat and/or sides I've seen here at TQJ with very good results.

I noticed no one has posted in the new topic of Gasser so I thought I'd give it a try.

As to your original question, I will never own any other grill than a Weber from now on. After going through 6 gassers in 10 years (ie. Chinese manufacture that you can hear the so called stainless steel rusting in the night), Nothing but Weber from here on out.

Thanks for the "unsmarta$$" reply! :thumbs up::roflmaoha0:

redneck cooker
07-29-2011, 08:13 PM
Gasser???:shrug:...hadn't owned one in over 10 yrs...:shrug::roflmaoha0:

Toast
07-29-2011, 08:52 PM
Gasser???:shrug:...hadn't owned one in over 10 yrs...:shrug::roflmaoha0:

Well, I'll be closing down this thread now. I get it from someone with only 144 posts.

For some crazy reason, I thought something new would be good for TQJ.

I can take it as good as I give it though and know that I can give it. :thumbs up:

Pappy
07-29-2011, 09:58 PM
No gasser here. All wood & charcoal, baby!

Just saw a free gasser on CL (St Louis). Said it works fine and was cooking ribs on it today. Can't talk myself into going to get it and it's a weber.

redneck cooker
07-30-2011, 08:17 AM
Well, I'll be closing down this thread now. I get it from someone with only 144 posts.

For some crazy reason, I thought something new would be good for TQJ.

I can take it as good as I give it though and know that I can give it. :thumbs up:
what does post count have to do with it?:roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0:, thats just here, how bout the other 3?....:monkey:...I just dont like Q cooked over gas......IMO...

tomshoots
07-30-2011, 08:52 AM
Never owned one, but maybe someday. Can't beat the convenience. Now's a good time to buy. Retailers are gearing up for back to school. Marking down summer stuff like grills.

Bubblehead
07-30-2011, 11:07 AM
I've considered one of these for quick burgers & dogs.

http://www.charbroil.com/ProductInfo/4-611-1881/Quantum-Infrared-Urban-Grill.aspx

O B City
07-31-2011, 12:48 PM
I have a Weber Q320. Basically use it for anything that I normally would cook indoors, only outdoors.

It does not have a wide temp range, or a "hot side" and a "cool side" setting capability, so it is really only good for simple stuff like burgers and dogs, oh and it does a great breakfast.

http://i346.photobucket.com/albums/p401/nuthinflatranch/IMG_0091.jpg

Bubblehead
08-01-2011, 04:12 PM
I used to have one of those in Hawaii, great for a day at the beach or camping.

SmokyOkie
08-01-2011, 05:42 PM
I have had a few and mostly for the wife. she used to think she could only cook with something that has knobs on it.

We gave away her last one in favor of deck space as she rarely used it.

I can have my Backwoods Pit Bull or Hasty Bake legacy ready to cook just about as quickly as a gasser and i thin with far superior flavor.

Toast, don't let the anti gassers get to ya. I think it is all supposed to be in good fun, and if you like to use your s, who cares what they think?

tomshoots
08-01-2011, 09:19 PM
I have had a few and mostly for the wife. she used to think she could only cook with something that has knobs on it.

We gave away her last one in favor of deck space as she rarely used it.

I can have my Backwoods Pit Bull or Hasty Bake legacy ready to cook just about as quickly as a gasser and i thin with far superior flavor.

Toast, don't let the anti gassers get to ya. I think it is all supposed to be in good fun, and if you like to use your s, who cares what they think?

:whathesaid:

Curtzo
02-28-2013, 10:11 PM
Since I got my Weber Kettle, I have found the best use for my gasser is the work tables on the sides and the side burner for starting my chimney starter....

BluDawg
02-28-2013, 10:55 PM
I would but this is a family friendly site:moon::roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0:

kingkoch42
03-01-2013, 12:35 PM
:wow:I cannot believe that this thread "woke up" today.
I ordered a Weber Spirit Premium E-310 last week !

It should be delivered this coming week... then I will have to put it together !

Question for the "gassers" out there - Do you use Propane or Butane ? I know that Propane is better if you want to Barbecue in cold weather but are there any other things to take into account before deciding which way to go?