PDA

View Full Version : Pure Pork Power

SmokyOkie
07-15-2011, 10:16 PM
By popular request, new and now available at US BBQ Supply

http://i890.photobucket.com/albums/ac108/SmokyOkie/SmokyOkie%202011/Misc%20pix%202011/7f2cba8d.jpg

Find it here (http://usbbqsupply.com/home/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=23&products_id=161)

On sale as well at 20% off!

PigCicles
07-16-2011, 10:16 AM
Soooo - what's it do? Does it give your pork wings? Tell us more Mr. Okie

SmokyOkie
07-16-2011, 03:01 PM
This is a combination of my Sweet Smokin' Swine Brine and Bark injectable products.

It is more or less a combination of pure natural pork bark flavor and soluble sweet BBQ rub made for injection into pork roast and ribs. Basically, it makes the inside of your prok butt taste as good as the outside bark.

sorry I skipped this earlier, it was late, I was tired.

gt2003
02-17-2012, 10:54 PM
Ok Tim, I picked mine up from the post office this morning as well as the rib rub. So, I've got about a 10 lb shoulder in the fridge that's going to go on tomorrow night. How should I do it?

1. Mix it with water? I've never injected pork butt before except with apple juice and I didn't like that a bit.
2. Should I inject tomorrow morning and let it sit for a few hours then rub it down with the new rub an hour or two prior to the cook?

Just lookin for some input before I put it into action tomorrow. Lookin forward to seeing how the new combo tastes!

jwbtulsa
08-11-2012, 03:43 PM
Ok Tim, I picked mine up from the post office this morning as well as the rib rub. So, I've got about a 10 lb shoulder in the fridge that's going to go on tomorrow night. How should I do it?

Just lookin for some input before I put it into action tomorrow. Lookin forward to seeing how the new combo tastes!

Yes, can you gives us some details. I know you explained it all to me once. Of course, once you get to know me you will realize I will actually get it around the third time I ask. :sign0092:

Buzzwinder
08-11-2012, 04:47 PM
PPP is some good stuff! I've used it three times and have had great results according to the neighbors and friends at work! I usually rub my butt the night before ( yeah I know sounds funny but I'm talking about the Pork Butt here ) wrap it up and then inject about half hour before I put on the drum. After I inject the pork butt with PPP I add another dose of the rub I'm using on it and to the smoker it goes. Good stuff!

Tim and Mr. Cicles! That sure reads like a made for TV kinda thing. So consider this the call in customer review of the product.

In all honesty with no sarcasm intended, PPP is good stuff! Don't inject untill you're ready to put it in the smoker!

SmokyOkie
08-11-2012, 10:17 PM
I inject the night before.

Follow pkg directions. As far a the "injection liquid" on the label, you can use whatever you like, just don't add it to a phosphated injection like Butchers or Kosmo's.

I use water. Others use fruit juice. Use what you like.

Use a 14 or 15 gauge veterinary needle and inject in a 2" grid pattern inject across the grain and at a right angle to the meat.

swamprb
08-11-2012, 10:56 PM
Pure Pork Power is a winner!

PigCicles
08-17-2012, 03:19 PM
Dude .. veggies is what your food eats. You want more veggies - eat more meat I say :roflmaoha0:

Sounds like a plan with a straight line of attack ... let's eat!

jwbtulsa
08-17-2012, 03:41 PM
So having nothing better to do today, I decided to try out some Sweet Smokin' Swine Brine on a pork loin I had. Iam also going to inject it with some PPP (hopefully tonight but maybe tomorrow). No stuffing this time, no fatty bacon weave. I figure go for it around 225 to IT145, foil it to 155-160ish, then rest it. Eat until I am sick and then go to bed. What do you think? If it is as good as Tim says then I will skip the sauce and eat until I pass out. I can always eat some veggies tomorrow.:msn-wink:

SmokyOkie
08-17-2012, 04:43 PM
Boneless pork loin has a real propensity to be tight and dry. I rarely cook them because of that. If you don't take it beyond 145 you should be OK, but I'm not taking responsibility for it if you got a tight dry loin.

I only cook that cut when I have to.

jwbtulsa
08-17-2012, 05:04 PM
Ha ha ha! Don't you mean that it is the fault of the product? Hee Hee! It can't possibly be the result of an inexperienced stick burner owner! I can see my notes now: smoke at 145 until IT is 225. Wrap in foil and chew for a very long time. Ha ha! Perhaps I can dip in ranch dressing....

In all seriousness, I have complete faith in the wisdom of TQJ and the products I use. I would not have sought your counsel had it not come in favorable recommendation. Thanks to everyone who has come before to share their knowledge. Oh yeah, and you too Tim ;)

SmokyOkie
08-17-2012, 08:56 PM
Not blaming you or the product either one if it is tight and dry.

Just blaming modern pork genetics and and controlled pork production diet. :msn-wink::thumbs up:

jwbtulsa
08-23-2012, 05:32 PM
Can PPP be sprayed on to spritz ribs?

Still learning

SmokyOkie
08-23-2012, 07:24 PM
I wouldn't think it would be the best use of it. It is designed to be inside the meat.