PDA

View Full Version : Freezeing Habanero's

smokebuzz
06-29-2008, 02:36 PM
Since i'm useing theses habanero's in a sauce/ glaze, i'll ask here.

Do i need to gut the pepper of seeds and veins before freezeing or just freeze them as is?
Or is freezeing them a dumb thing?

Bbq Bubba
06-29-2008, 02:39 PM
If your using them in a sauce, freeze em whole.
I've found they lose their "crispness" but other than that hold up very well.

smokebuzz
06-29-2008, 02:56 PM
Thanks bubba, was'nt sure what to do with'em, goona get this sauce figured out, don't what to have to keep buying 10 at a time when i only use 1, them thing got some torch to'm, never used them before

Bbq Bubba
06-29-2008, 03:03 PM
I like hot but Habs scare the fark outta me.....i've had luck with Jap's also, a lil soft for ABT's but good for everything else.

smokebuzz
06-29-2008, 03:13 PM
I'm try'n to make a peach-hab sauce, i used 1 gutted, 2 minutes after ya taste it, it hits ya, nice little zing. my 9 yo dot likes it so far, but she can take heat well.

PigCicles
06-29-2008, 03:17 PM
I like hot but Habs scare the fark outta me.....i've had luck with Jap's also, a lil soft for ABT's but good for everything else.

LOL ... my sis in law grew some years ago and canned em. They didn't have any use for em cuz they was sooo hot (and their daughter got some in her eye) so they gave em to me. I got to where I was eating them straight from the jar.

I took some to work one time and an ol' boy there was supposed to like stuff hot - hotter the bettter he'd say. He tried one and I heard him yelling all the way across the shop over the machines. LOL - I took the jar over after he calmed down and ate one without needing a drink. You shoulda seen his eyes. Then ate another as I walked away.

Not sure I could do that now. And I don't care for the gut attacks you get from doing silly crap like that ... if you know what I mean :msn-wink:

Anyway back to the topic - Freeze em and use em when you need some.

SmokyOkie
06-29-2008, 04:56 PM
Frozen is the safest way to chop 'em as well.

If you find you want they taste just like a hab but w/o any heat.

Little buggers do have quite a set of afterburners to 'em don't they?

peculiarmike
07-02-2008, 10:48 AM
Can those things be FROZEN?
I hear Boy Scouts carry them to light fires with. :wow:
Just kidding, I like a bit of heat. :msn-wink:

SDJ1
11-25-2008, 02:55 AM
I grow my own japs and have frozen them then used them to make some slow cooker chilli with them, we called it Johhny Cash chilli as it gave us a ring of fire :blushing:

Theres nuthin so funny as a grown man trying to sit on a raspberry slurpee for relief :ack2:

SmokyOkie
11-25-2008, 10:08 AM
I grow my own japs and have frozen them then used them to make some slow cooker chilli with them, we called it Johhny Cash chilli as it gave us a ring of fire :blushing:

Theres nuthin so funny as a grown man trying to sit on a raspberry slurpee for relief :ack2:

:roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0::r oflmaoha0::roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0: I'm partial to lime.

SDJ1
11-25-2008, 01:51 PM
:roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0::r oflmaoha0::roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0: I'm partial to lime.

good idea, Lime doesnt give you that "smoke ring effect" though :msn-wink: