PDA

View Full Version : Bacon wrapped steaks Help

C.J.
06-24-2011, 09:18 AM
anyone know any good addition to this meal? we usually add brown sugar, bacon, jalapenos, and cream cheese all on top of a fresh chunk of back strap.

SmokyOkie
06-24-2011, 10:51 AM
I don't know why you would add anything to a bacon wrapped venison fillet besides a little oil for moisture and a good sear and then your favorite beef seasoning.

Do you butterfly your backstrap steaks?

As to what might go well with it, why not cut some taters in slabs, oil them, season them, and grill them till brown and crispy on the edges. a good tossed salad would go well with that, or maybe a grilled head of Romaine with a bleu cheese vinaigrette and some cherry tomatoes.

To grill the Romaine, just cut the head in half lengthwise and brush it well with olive oil.

C.J.
06-24-2011, 12:22 PM
Depends who im cooking for usually, if its for buddies at the housed I just cut the straps into small chunks, grill the bacon with the meat and put a chunk of cream cheese and two Jap's on top. thats what i won that cooking contest with.

SmokyOkie
06-24-2011, 01:55 PM
I'd sure eat that! Tell us about your win at the cooking contest!

C.J.
07-21-2011, 08:21 AM
It was a wild game cook off back when I was in school, I have always made these bacon wrapped venison fillets so we went out the night before and got some fresh meat and used only back strap meat, put it on marinade and cooked all of it 10min before the competition, people taste each one and vote at the end. Needless to say after winning $300 me and some buddies had beer money for the next 3 weeks.

C.J.
11-14-2011, 10:19 AM
Well I cooked some of these at the tailgate the other day, took a tin pan you would cook bread in and melted two sticks of butter and some brown sugar in it on the grill. Used a paint brush and hit each steak after they were done cooking. Talk about food going fast, best batch Iíve done yet.

SmokyOkie
11-14-2011, 12:15 PM
Where's the pix?????:tap:

C.J.
11-22-2011, 02:54 PM
this is one of the smaller batches