PDA

View Full Version : Comp Boxes

Joneser
06-23-2011, 11:37 AM
Wanna get a look at what folks are turning in these days?
http://www.bbqcritic.com
You can submit your own box to have CBJ's pick it apart. I had the honor of being the first box submitted a couple months ago.
There are enough boxes with scores to give you an idea of what judges are looking at.

redneck cooker
06-23-2011, 12:24 PM
Hmmm..:exasper:.Some good boxes some bad boxes.....As I was reading some comments, these are a few CBJ but other critics are regular people, I aint gonna subit my box or take very much stock in this blog...:tap:

Joneser
06-23-2011, 01:06 PM
I like it for checking out what others are turning in and what the CBJ's are scoring. Haven't checked out the blog, and the forums are kinda lame, but still pretty new. I think the main focus is the boxes and opinions.

redneck cooker
06-23-2011, 01:59 PM
agreed...:roflmaoha0:

Butt Lover's
06-23-2011, 02:05 PM
Some of those CBJ's have lost their mind! I visit that sight everyday while I'm eating my lunch, very entertaining!

Joneser
06-23-2011, 02:34 PM
Yes, some of them nit-pick a little...he should modify the pictures to show up for the few seconds a judge sees it during actual judging.

Fatback Joe
06-23-2011, 03:34 PM
I have checked it a time or two. Explains some scores that you get back. :exasper:

I guess the upside is, the majority seem to be somewhat in line. :shrug:

I think it is interesting to see the thought process whether I agree with it or not.

SmokyOkie
06-23-2011, 09:37 PM
I have checked it a time or two. Explains some scores that you get back. :exasper:

I guess the upside is, the majority seem to be somewhat in line. :shrug:

I think it is interesting to see the thought process whether I agree with it or not.

I think that is the key.