PDA

View Full Version : Home Depot $7.97 / 40 lb charcoal sale

Carbon
05-26-2011, 11:09 AM
On sale right now through Memorial Day....
Print ad says $9.97 but they're marked $7.97 in store for Kingsford blue, 2x20lb twin-paks.
This sale beats any other current big box charcoal sale, $$/lb wise.

SmokyOkie
05-26-2011, 12:17 PM
On sale right now through Memorial Day....
Print ad says $9.97 but they're marked $7.97 in store for Kingsford blue, 2x20lb twin-paks.
This sale beats any other current big box charcoal sale, $$/lb wise.

Sounds like a good deal for Kingsford users.

I didn't think that they made 20#ers anymore.

Carbon
05-26-2011, 12:30 PM
I didn't think that they made 20#ers anymore.

Kingsford will package anything for big box store accounts.

I picked up 480lbs of that K-blue this morning.
I'm waiting for Lowe's to start their 50% off sale again on Stubb's natural briquettes. I'll load up on that again as well.

BluDawg
05-26-2011, 12:42 PM
Well I think I will have to pass on this deal. I wouldn't cook a burger for my dog over that stuff for fear of getting bit. IMHO it makes your food taste like CRAP! :twocents:

SmokyOkie
05-26-2011, 01:18 PM
Well I think I will have to pass on this deal. I wouldn't cook a burger for my dog over that stuff for fear of getting bit. IMHO it makes your food taste like CRAP! :twocents:

Gee Dawg....why don't you tell us what you really think???:roflmaoha0:

I don't mind using it for stove fuel if it's cheap enough, and I don't mind using it for my Caja China, bu there is usually something else out ther to be had cheaper that works just as well.

PigCicles
05-26-2011, 01:49 PM
I'm not a briquette person either, but it's a great deal if anyone does use them. I used em for years when that's all we could get around here.

BTW ... wish I still had a Home Depot - stupid tornado.

SmokyOkie
05-26-2011, 02:19 PM
I'm not a briquette person either, but it's a great deal if anyone does use them. I used em for years when that's all we could get around here.

BTW ... wish I still had a Home Depot - stupid tornado.

Well the Pigdickers, why don't you just go to Lowe's?

PigCicles
05-26-2011, 02:25 PM
BigAl is starting to rub off on you ... next thing ya know you'll be drinking Natural Light :moon:

I shop at Lowe's some ... but I keep flashing back to the time their incompetent driver got his flatbed truck stuck in my wet / soft yard then tried to use the donkey to get it out and got it stuck too ... and the 6+ months it took badgering them to get the yard half assed back to shape with sh!!!ty grass seed ... I have some issues .. and pictures

Carbon
05-26-2011, 03:10 PM
Yeah, this briquette thing is really big out on the left coast....lol...

oaksmoke
05-26-2011, 09:49 PM
Roughly 20 cents a lb. That's more than I'd pay for pressed coal imitation charcoal! Lump charcoal and wood chunks are much better!

lazy
05-27-2011, 10:22 PM
I won't use it for grilling because of the really nasty taste :puke it leaves--sometimes for two or three days... Yech!!

However, I did use it in the drum last spring (same sale), and was quite surprised that it did not leave that disgusting, acrid, foul, nasty taste and aftertaste. I usually by a couple bags at Lowes & a couple more at HD, then they just sit until I forget to buy good stuff and am too lazy to go to the store for more.

I'd rather use a George Foreman grill in the kitchen than eat a burger grilled over that stuff.

Willkat98
07-13-2012, 07:29 AM
Its been a year, but I got a bit of a laugh this past 4th of July walking through Home Despot and saw the twin packs on sale for $6.50 (or so).

Upon closer look, they were 13.9# bags.

WTF, thats 12# lighter than last year, or a 30% drop in volume for a 19% reduction in price!

I took a pass and just grabbed a bag of Hickory Kingsford which I like cooking chicken on the kettle with.

Gave away most of my smokers, so I only need a couple bags of K a year as I stick with GFS Royal Oak lump for the egg or kettle when I'm not gas grilling.

SmokyOkie
07-13-2012, 09:35 AM
Hey everybody! Look who stopped by!

Good to see you Bill. How is life and the swimmers?

RO lump is a very good choice IMHO. We don't have GFS here, so I can't comment on it. I hear it is RO though.

Willkat98
07-13-2012, 12:00 PM
Good to see you Bill. How is life and the swimmers?

No swimming anymore :exasper:

Its now dance company and the $$$$ that go along with that :frusty:

And now I don't have the fourm problems I had for the past year or so since the big upgrade, so I can actually read the forum without my cursor going 2 miles to the right!

What did I miss :blushing:

PigCicles
07-13-2012, 01:49 PM
Holy cow

This message proudly sponsored by beer drinkers and bbqers everywhere.

PigCicles
07-13-2012, 01:53 PM
I had to close the browser and come back to make sure I wasn't seeing pink elephants... I heard wilcat existed but I wasn't sure.

Great to see you back sir!

This message proudly sponsored by beer drinkers and bbqers everywhere.