PDA

View Full Version : Pork Loin Teaser

Willkat98
06-23-2008, 10:37 PM
I'll be posting my Pork Loin method soon.

Again, its not my method. Its a brisket recipe applied to a pork loin.

It is a hot button issue with me, because I never learned the "right" way or "wrong" way for loins.

Thank God.

In experimenting, conventional wisdom is out the window.

So here is a different take on my 190* loin. Shredded loin. Came out kick azz, and was even better with chorizo on it

PS, please do not knock my 190* pork loin until I not only post it, but you try it.

I seldom post on 2 other boards because of close minded pork zealots that think they know it all.

I don;t know it all, I just like to experiment

Chargrilled
06-23-2008, 10:43 PM
looks juicy enuff for me. would like to hear bout your finishing sauce? you got the wife interested. we have always grilled loins.:thumbs up:

Fatback Joe
06-24-2008, 07:11 AM
I am not close minded, but I can't wait to mock you for doing it wrong. TWEAK!!! Jeez, it can't be any worse than a damn seared brisket. LOL

J/K post it soon........I have a 4lb chunk of loin in the freezer that I will gladly cook via your instructions when you stop being so damn secretive.

Fatback Joe
06-24-2008, 07:12 AM
looks juicy enuff for me. would like to hear bout your finishing sauce? you got the wife interested. we have always grilled loins.:thumbs up:

So........you say your wife has an interest in Bill's loins? Hmmm..........

Willkat98
06-24-2008, 08:02 AM
My finishing sauce was 2 TBS of Blues Hog (thats all I had left) and about 3/4cup of Sweet Baby Rays.

I'm usually to dumb (and drunk) by the time I'm done smoking to even attempt a recipe

Fatback Joe
06-24-2008, 08:03 AM
My finishing sauce was 2 TBS of Blues Hog (thats all I had left) and about 3/4cup of Sweet Baby Rays.

I'm usually to dumb (and drunk) by the time I'm done smoking to even attempt a recipe

Loin tease

Willkat98
06-24-2008, 08:10 AM
Loin tease

LOL

When I take a dump in a few minutes, I'll sing "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" in your honor

Geek with Fire
06-24-2008, 11:49 AM

I just picked up and emptied a bottle of Blues Hog last week. That's some good stuff, if you like sweet sauce.

Willkat98
06-24-2008, 11:57 AM
I just picked up and emptied a bottle of Blues Hog last week. That's some good stuff, if you like sweet sauce.

Its extremely sweet, as you know, and I usually do cut it to a couple tablespoons, and the rest something like Sweet Baby Rays or KC Masterpiece.

By itself, I can only eat it if I am already driving to the dentist

SmokyOkie
06-24-2008, 12:05 PM
I'll try some of you 190 loin Bill!

I am not close minded, but I can't wait to mock you for doing it wrong. TWEAK!!! Jeez, it can't be any worse than a damn seared brisket. LOL

Them seared briskets win $$$$$$$$$$$$:msn-wink:

Fatback Joe
06-24-2008, 12:06 PM
I assume you are talking about the "original"...........have you tried the Tennesse Red?

SmokyOkie
06-24-2008, 12:23 PM
I assume you are talking about the "original"...........have you tried the Tennesse Red?

I have and I kinda like it but I haven't figured out exactly what to do with it yet. It strikes me as something that would be fairly easy to duplicate.

Fatback Joe
06-24-2008, 12:44 PM
I feel the same way, I kind of like it but............

I really prefer my own homemade sauce, but comp wise I have come to accept the fact the judges don't. LOL Therefore I have been trying different stuff to get an idea on what to use.

SmokyOkie
06-24-2008, 02:19 PM
I feel the same way, I kind of like it but............

I really prefer my own homemade sauce, but comp wise I have come to accept the fact the judges don't. LOL Therefore I have been trying different stuff to get an idea on what to use.

I think I have figured that the rule of thumb @ comps is to serve like you're serving Famous Dave's ( a northern q chain) fans. They want what they expect, sweet shiny, smoky, tomatoey candy sauce.

We true Q fanatics grow beyond those limits, but most judges don't. Most of them judge cuz they don't cook.( Easy now KCBS judges, I said most, not all, and you know what I'm talking about.)

Fatback Joe
06-24-2008, 02:24 PM
Yeah, it has taken me a while to accept that. Give 'em what they want.......now if I could just figure out what they wanted in Pork.

SmokyOkie
06-24-2008, 03:01 PM
Got the same prollem but I think i may have it figured out now. I'll find out in time.

Fatback Joe
06-24-2008, 03:02 PM
I am moving in the right direction, but still have a ways to go. Let me know if you nail it........I promise to keep it a secret. :msn-wink:

SmokyOkie
06-24-2008, 03:06 PM
If I nail it (like I nailed the brisket) you can count on I'll make noise.

BlazerQue
06-24-2008, 06:05 PM
I've tried the Blues Hog and like it. I'll be ordering some TN Red on my next order.

SmokyOkie
06-24-2008, 10:05 PM
I think Ii might like it better than original. I just had some for dinner on some left over Backwoods ribs tonight.