PDA

View Full Version : Qn tonite, Ribs and such

Chargrilled
06-23-2008, 03:44 PM
The set up, got back from the round up in MO this weekend and had an extra day off work,......extra, ya right.

Decided to cook the last 3 racks of ribs outta the case I ordered for the riboff the weekend before. Heck it was such a gorgeous day today I had to do throw sumn on the pit.
Chargrilled's laboratory,...
The pit
The vittles, I am going to use this bronzville rib rub a buddy gave to me and some of the meat man's rub he wanted me to try. Ran outta all of mine spending time in MO with the round up!!!!
Didn't have the forethought to rub them down last nite, was worn out from the 9hr drive back home.
coal's ashed.
Minion in the SFB

Going to take progress pics, it will just feel like you all are with me Qing.

ABT's are going on during stage 2 of the Baby backs and going to smoke some salami also. yum yum. Will keep updating.

PigCicles
06-23-2008, 04:06 PM
Looks great I'll hop in the truck and be right over. Keep those pics flowing :thumbs up:

Chargrilled
06-23-2008, 07:46 PM
OK update, after an hour in smoke, spritz. you know the concoction. Rum with fruity stuff, dad said that peculiarmike had his spray bottle on fine mist and I had mine on stream so I FIXED THAT!!! points to dad.
Rub action, mustard 1st
Pit is lookin great.
I got TBS outta the warmer plate!
Getting ready to go to the foil bed.
Close up on the ribs, 2 rubbed in a friends spice, 1 in the meat mans, odd ball.
To bed for bout 2hrs.
now we go with the fat ABT's, she didnt like stuffin them but after I cut them up and forgot to wash my hands good before going to the bathroom she didnt mind:blushing:.
Smoked salami, highly recommended!!! Great either as fingerin rolled up and picked or as sammies for lunch. but the cuttin is done you just have to add the smoke.
Let you know last turn in bout an hr or so, if I can keep my temps up, strong north wind, not much of a block so we'll see. funny how things always work out.:msn-wink:

See yall soon.

PigCicles
06-23-2008, 07:47 PM
Any more pics of that grub? C'mon man - you can't keep us waiting.

Probably out on the deck tipping :cheers2::drunk_smiley:

PigCicles
06-23-2008, 07:48 PM
Look at me go! A few seconds late!

Chargrilled
06-23-2008, 07:52 PM
Look at me go! A few seconds late!

LMAO, I was wondering if you were still lookin, should hav known. Things are workin out. The pit is my friend so far, got the lawn work done, all the campin clean up and still Qing so things are good, wish I could send ya some of these ABT's, we finally got the good big ones from down south so they are going to be wonderful, outside of by buddy's crop that will be coming in later this season
:thumbs up:

BlazerQue
06-23-2008, 07:57 PM
looking good

PigCicles
06-23-2008, 07:59 PM
I can't believe there ain't no SPAM or ring bologna in there. Everything looks great so far - keep those pics coming.

Chargrilled
06-23-2008, 10:04 PM
ok so bout now divorce court as they are hard to temp. but really close.
the TBS was at the premium
the salami was gorgeous
the ABT's well they speak for them selves
and Joe I had to save the spam as you outdid me this weekend, god I wish that happened every weekend.:msn-wink:

Will post some pic as the ribs come off, they will not go back on the pit for a tighten situation as wife is already upset I didnt get in the time line.:smack: Ohhhh well.
Will post an update, finale.

Chargrilled
06-23-2008, 10:51 PM
here is the final product.
:roflmaoha0:
Just kiddin.
one rack when right to her lunch with a handfull of ABT's. I'm pretty popular with the coworkers.
here are the other 2 that are spritz and serve away, fall off the bone is how she likes them, I prefer snap off the bone but that is just me.
and the salami
she rolled 2 pieces up and had a smile on her face, the rest will go for lunch meat.
Q all week. See ya all soon, good Qn with ya. Back to work tomorrow.

PigCicles
06-24-2008, 05:10 AM
Great job Trav! Everything still tastes like my monitor though, but Looks really good. Thanks for sharing man! :drooling: :drooling:

Fatback Joe
06-24-2008, 07:17 AM
That looks great!

Paymaster
07-02-2008, 03:23 PM
Oh Yeah! I am gonna have to get me some ribs go'n this weekend.:thumbs up:

peculiarmike
07-03-2008, 10:03 AM
Trav yer killin' me! "Leftovers" from down south. :thumbs up: :drooling: :msn-wink:
I'm pretty sure I will be trying the salami!
The ABT's look killer.
Not bad for a guy up there "Dam near Chicago"!!! :cool: ;) :sign0092: