PDA

View Full Version : Best marinade Mix for Venison steaks?

C.J.
04-26-2011, 04:22 PM
What is the best Marinade mix you have come up with for Venison Steaks?

Chargrilled
04-26-2011, 05:17 PM
a-1 soy apple juice garlic injection!

Butt Lover's
04-26-2011, 05:30 PM
I would put some alum powder in a brine. It has always worked well for me to get some of the gaminess out of venison and boar.

Joneser
04-26-2011, 06:14 PM
Ingredients

3/4 cup oil
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup honey
2 tbsp vinegar
2 tbsp onion
garlic as desired

Directions

1. Mix ingredients together
2. Place mixture in plastic bag. Add meat.
3. Let sit in fridge for a few days for best flavor
Source:

www.tablespoon.com/recipes/venison-marinade-recipe/1/

SmokyOkie
04-26-2011, 09:21 PM
I would put some alum powder in a brine. It has always worked well for me to get some of the gaminess out of venison and boar.

If your venison tastes gamy, learn to take care of game after you kill it. If someone is giving you venison and it tastes gamy, pass the next time they offer you some.

Venison properly cared for is not gamy tasting, at least, none of the many animals I have eaten that were properly cared for after the kill were.

Ingredients

3/4 cup oil
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup honey
2 tbsp vinegar
2 tbsp onion
garlic as desired

Directions

1. Mix ingredients together
2. Place mixture in plastic bag. Add meat.
3. Let sit in fridge for a few days for best flavor
Source:

I'd go with Brian's, but sub in lea & perrins for the honey and vinegar.

All of the Allegro marinades are pretty good.

chef schwantz
04-27-2011, 07:57 AM
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup teriyaki sauce
1/4 cup worchestersire sauce
1/4 cup red wine
1 tsp garlic
1 tsp ginger
1 tsp crushed red pepper(optional)
1 tbsp dark sesame oil(optional)

Mix all ingredients and place in a ziploc, along with the meat. Squeeze out as much air as you can, to ensure the meat is covered. Marinate 2-12 hours, agitate the meat a few times if possible. Works well for most game and non game meats.

C.J.
04-27-2011, 08:17 AM
I haven't had a problem with gamy taste, I have just been trying to find some new ideas for different marinades. I have used a lot of L&P lately and backed off the dales for good.

SmokyOkie
04-27-2011, 11:43 AM
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup teriyaki sauce
1/4 cup worchestersire sauce
1/4 cup red wine
1 tsp garlic
1 tsp ginger
1 tsp crushed red pepper(optional)
1 tbsp dark sesame oil(optional)

Mix all ingredients and place in a ziploc, along with the meat. Squeeze out as much air as you can, to ensure the meat is covered. Marinate 2-12 hours, agitate the meat a few times if possible. Works well for most game and non game meats.

I really like this one. I am assuming that Chef is calling for dried garilc an ginger. If he is calling for fresh, I would prolly double itcuz I really like garlic and ginger.

I haven't had a problem with gamy taste, I have just been trying to find some new ideas for different marinades. I have used a lot of L&P lately and backed off the dales for good.

L&P is the nectar of the gods! Anything you do with it on red meat is a good thing. Whjatever works well with beef should work well with venison and vice versa. I would prolly ten to add a little more oil to the mix for venison to make up for lack of fat though.

Just my:twocents:

YankeeQ
03-31-2013, 08:54 AM
Try this base:
2 parts apple sauce
1 part worcesterchire
then season it to your family's palate

not to cop out on spices, but every household is different. My grandparents are Greek (everything is lemon, oregano and garlic) My mom uses garlic in everything, my wife's family uses lawrys seasoning salt in everything....EVERYTHING

Try making the marinade with that base, then overnite marinade thin cut bacon in open pit bbq sausace, wrap the venison with the marinaded bacon and cook ;)

the 13 year old nephew loves open pit and bacon. he came up with the idea of marinading the bacon in open pit and smoking til its the texture you like.....he nailed that treat!! kudos to him