PDA

View Full Version : Pork tenderloin

cabinetmaker
06-22-2008, 11:30 AM
Smoking a pork tenderloin today. Got it on at 255. How long till done? 3hrs? 4hrs?

Here it is all marinated and spiced. Used Stubbs meat rub, Jim Beam bbq sauce, honey and beer(of course).

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll251/vsg914/porklion.jpg

flying illini
06-22-2008, 04:32 PM
Looks good. When it hits 150 internal temp. (3.5 or so is a good est)
:thumbs up:

cabinetmaker
06-23-2008, 07:53 AM
Took it off at 3hrs. Temp was 155. The flavor was awesome, and it was super tender, but not as moist as I would like. Maybe that is typical of the tenderloin? Not much fat there.

Sorry, No pics I forgot!!!!!!!!!!! :oops::silly:

glued2it
06-23-2008, 08:04 AM
Sorry, No pics I forgot!!!!!!!!!!! :oops::silly::smack:how do we know you actually cooked it?:roflmaoha0:

Looks like you were off to a great start though.:msn-wink:

flying illini
06-23-2008, 08:28 AM
In my limited experience, 150 was pretty moist and gooood. I have heard others (bubba I think) take it off at 145. Maybe that helps on the moisture side.

Did you spritz? I use Richtee's mix but many use apple juice.

Took it off at 3hrs. Temp was 155. The flavor was awesome, and it was super tender, but not as moist as I would like. Maybe that is typical of the tenderloin? Not much fat there.

Sorry, No pics I forgot!!!!!!!!!!! :oops::silly:

cabinetmaker
06-23-2008, 08:35 AM
Damn, I knew someone was gonna do that! I was in a hurry to get home with it. Here's a pic Of what I brought to work for lunch today

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll251/vsg914/100_2742.jpg

cabinetmaker
06-23-2008, 08:38 AM
In my limited experience, 150 was pretty moist and gooood. I have heard others (bubba I think) take it off at 145. Maybe that helps on the moisture side.

No spritz, I'll try that next time. Been meaning to get a spray bottle anyway.

glued2it
06-23-2008, 08:42 AM

Like Glen mentioned.
Spritzing has great results. I use a apple juice(no sugar added) and Capt Morgans spiced rum mix. it also makes a good "chic" drink.

Nice pics there :thumbs up:. Better late than never.:msn-wink:

SmokyOkie
06-23-2008, 09:49 AM
Smoking a pork tenderloin today. Got it on at 255. How long till done? 3hrs? 4hrs?

Here it is all marinated and spiced. Used Stubbs meat rub, Jim Beam bbq sauce, honey and beer(of course).

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll251/vsg914/porklion.jpg

Are you sue that isn't pork loin as opposed to tenderloin?

Looks great whicheveer it is.:thumbs up:

cabinetmaker
06-23-2008, 09:57 AM
Are you sue that isn't pork loin as opposed to tenderloin?

Looks great whicheveer it is.:thumbs up:

Hmmm, the package said tenderloin, but that prolly don't mean much.

SmokyOkie
06-23-2008, 10:06 AM
If it came from Food Pyramid, it doesn't mean anything.:roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0:

I've seen them have boneless pork loin baby back ribs in their ads.

It just looked a little wide and light colored for Tenderloin, that's all. And I don't guess it really matters anyway if it tasted good.:silly:

cabinetmaker
06-23-2008, 10:23 AM
You nailed it! Food Pyramid. I think I'm gonna check out that new meat market on 15th and harvard.

glued2it
06-23-2008, 10:30 AM
You nailed it! Food Pyramid. I think I'm gonna check out that new meat market on 15th and harvard.

I just saw that the other day. I was going to stop in there today since I have to go by there to go pick up a fresh keg.

Figured I'd stop by some cabinet shop I heard of on the way too.

Havn't left the house all weekend so I figured I might need to get around a bit.

SmokyOkie
06-23-2008, 10:33 AM

Most of the people in the meat dept@ Food P. are clueless and the ones that aren't are out to screw ya.

Tell me about this new meat market! What the name?

glued2it
06-23-2008, 10:42 AM
Tell me about this new meat market! What the name?

I think it's called havard meats?

cabinetmaker
06-23-2008, 11:00 AM
I think it's called havard meats?

Yep, thats it. they have a website also.

Glued, Be out of the shop most of the rest of the day, but your welcome to come by any other time.

BlazerQue
06-23-2008, 05:02 PM
nice looking pork

californiasmokin
09-30-2008, 07:21 PM
If it came from Food Pyramid, it doesn't mean anything.:roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0:

I've seen them have boneless pork loin baby back ribs in their ads.

It just looked a little wide and light colored for Tenderloin, that's all. And I don't guess it really matters anyway if it tasted good.:silly:
Curt,
When I saw that your favorite was beef tenderloin I started looking to see if there was any threads on pork tenderloins.We ate a bunch of these prior to my drum days. I agree with Tim I think that is a loin.The tenderloin is usually very slender.I never smoked one though always cooked them indirect on the webber. I really liked them with this http://www.soyvay.com/index.php?main_page=page&id=23&chapter=0#veri
If you don't already have a sauce you like.I've never tried to smoke anything with a teriyaki sauce.
I saw you drink Newcastle Brown.Have you tried any Hefeweizens?
Paul