PDA

View Full Version : THE Orange Goodness

Bubblehead
04-19-2011, 05:50 PM
A few folks have asked about my hot sauce, so here's how you can enjoy it at your home. I've been making it for a lot of years so I don't measure anything but I think you can get the picture(literally).

Grab a pot, remove the stems off of a LOT of habeneros, and toss them in said pot.

Dice up an onion or two & toss'em in there too.

Add about half a bag of baby carrots(yes, I said carrots)

Add bout this much water.(the amount missing)

Cook on low until the peppers are coming apart and the carrots are soft & run through the blender, I do this in three batches so I can get it to a nice smooth consistency(by this I mean blend the crap out of it.....like 10 mins per batch). While the peppers are cooking, roast two whole heads of garlic, add this when you are blending.

Put it back on the heat and add a bottle of chili garlic paste(or sambal) add salt and white pepper too.

At this point you'll want to add about 10-12 ounces of white distilled vinegar and add water to get it to the consistency you want it, I usually make mine just thick enough to coat the back of a spoon.

This makes about a gallon, I keep a big jug of it out in the beer fridge and a squirty bottle full in the house.

IMHO this hot sauce works with just about everything. We eat it on eggs, add it to dished to enhance the flavor, squirt it on pizza, etc....

It's pretty easy to make and has a nice kick as well as a good flavor.....enjoy!!!! :msn-wink:

Butt Lover's
04-19-2011, 06:07 PM
Wow...a few habeneros???lol

Looks good but out of my league on the heat scale!

Bubblehead
04-19-2011, 07:35 PM
Wow...a few habeneros???lol

Looks good but out of my league on the heat scale!

Next time we meet up, I'll have to give you some to try, unless you are the complete opposite of a chili head, you just might like it.

PigCicles
04-19-2011, 09:16 PM
Sounds great to me. I like a good spot of heat in my sauce. I'll hang onto this one for sure ... thanks for sharing with us :thumbs up:

SmokyOkie
04-19-2011, 09:34 PM
Sounds similar to Melinda's XXX. I like it, but like Mike, It is a bit too much for me.

Thanx for sharing Jim!

BYBBQ
04-19-2011, 10:04 PM
That's got to be some hot stuff.:wow:

Bubblehead
04-19-2011, 10:54 PM
Yessir! There's some heat in it but it actually has flavor too. I've converted many a people into chili heads with it.

I took two gallons on my last submarine,it was gone in three days and people started yelling at the cooks(who didn't know I brought it). After that I had to make a few gallons every time we left port.

Joneser
04-20-2011, 07:07 AM
Sounds hot to me, but I'd still give it a whirl.

Uncanney
06-05-2011, 09:05 AM
I'm going to try this one. I fear no beer or hot sauce.

Bubblehead
06-05-2011, 09:40 AM
I'm going to try this one. I fear no beer or hot sauce.

let me know what you think!

BTW, it's gets better over time. :msn-wink: