PDA

View Full Version : Help me solve a dilemma

cabinetmaker
03-23-2011, 08:19 PM
There is a house across the street from me that is supposedly owned by the folks who live two houses down from me on my side of the block. I suspect the last tennant was a drugged. Nothing going on during the daytime, but busy at night.Hmmm.
Thank god he's gone. The electric meter was pulled by PASO/AEP, and they won't hook it back up cause the house service was damaged in the ice storm a few years back. Nobody seems to be willing to pay for it (landlord or tennant) to be fixed. I think the owner and tennat are family.

Meanwhile, They have electric supplied from the owners house to the rent house by way of 1 - 100' extension cord and at least 4 -25' cords stretching across the street.:wow: These appear to be 14 or even 16 gauge cords. At the very least this is an extreme fire hazard, and maybe even provides a means of electrocution.

Should I be a concerned neighbor and citizen, or maybe even the neighborhood A$$holoe and call the Mayors action line, or shut up and mind my own business?

Butt Lover's
03-23-2011, 08:45 PM
Dude, I would call the mayor and the electric company. That is very dangerous and needs to be stopped!

Short One
03-23-2011, 08:54 PM
If youngsters are living there, I am sure family services would also like to know about the living situation. Just remember that if they can track the call back to you or think they have tracked it back to you, their actions mean nothing to them as long as they think the have gotten even. I'd make the call. Must not have much traffic on your street, a cord across my street probably wouldn't last a day without shorting out.

Vermin99
03-23-2011, 08:59 PM
Sound like a dangerous situation to me so I would call.

SmokyOkie
03-23-2011, 09:18 PM
Me too. Call from a pay phone if you need to.

cabinetmaker
03-23-2011, 09:23 PM
Steve, thats the part that amazes me. Its a fairly busy street, the connections seem to stay intact, and nobody seems to pay attention. I'm not sure if its even illeagal or not. Retaliation has been one of my considerations, but how would I live with the death or injury to a child that I could have maybe prevented?

SmokyOkie
03-23-2011, 09:52 PM
Go with your instincts Curt, and if oyu need to remain anonymous...well I know you know how to do that.

cabinetmaker
03-23-2011, 10:12 PM
Me too. Call from a pay phone if you need to.
Pay phone? do they still have those? haven't seen one in years.:roflmaoha0:

Joneser
03-24-2011, 07:04 AM
I would set-up a temporary e-mail account on yahoo or gmail and report it that way or go down in person to talk to someone.

Bubblehead
03-24-2011, 09:17 AM
I'd call it in for sure.

cabinetmaker
03-24-2011, 03:30 PM
Well, the cords are gone today. Maybe I didn't have to do anything afterall? We'll see. I'll bet its back tonight.

SmokyOkie
03-24-2011, 09:04 PM
I could come by and accidentally help them disappear.

peculiarmike
03-25-2011, 09:25 PM
Pick up the phone.

Siesta Man
03-26-2011, 10:30 AM
Four extension cords!!!! Sounds like 30 amp. max. depending on what degree of power used inside house. This is asking for a fire to start, and if they have children in the house, OH BOY. Call the authorties for safty sake and for your peace of mind. Fire starts in one house and will surely spread to others.