PDA

View Full Version : Dragon eggs and mudbugs!

Toast
02-10-2011, 07:45 PM
For anyone planning a crawfish cook, here's something to try:

On the last batch (Good and Hot spices by then) boil a dozen eggs in the mix. The spice will penetrate the shell and turn the egg almost red. Be ready, these are powerpacked if you know what I mean :roflmaoha0:

Worried about the eggs breaking? Not a problem. Use a pair of pantyhose. Tie the top off on the handle of the pot. I normally put the corn down one leg and the taters down the other. Use another to protect the eggs.

Just a tip if your doing mudbugs this season.

SmokyOkie
02-10-2011, 10:02 PM
Thanks dude! That is a must try!

BigAL
02-11-2011, 06:24 AM
Thanks, Toast! I gotta remember this!

Have you done broccoli or cauliflower? We've done broccoli and we really like it.

May have to do a special boil for Easter eggs.

Joneser
02-11-2011, 07:41 AM
Sounds good....
Takes a real man to buy pantyhose....:roflmaoha0:

Vermin99
02-11-2011, 10:46 AM
Gonna have to try this, thanks for the tip. I'm planning a seafood boil for Valentines Dinner

PigCicles
02-11-2011, 10:57 AM
That's one way to 'wash out' a pair of pantyhose :roflmaoha0: - in a seafood boil :roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0: (so many ways to get sent to the corner with this one)

Kewl trick buster - hope to give it a shot this spring. Bet it works great :thumbs up:

Toast
02-11-2011, 05:11 PM
That's one way to 'wash out' a pair of pantyhose :roflmaoha0: - in a seafood boil :roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0: (so many ways to get sent to the corner with this one)

Kewl trick buster - hope to give it a shot this spring. Bet it works great :thumbs up:

Your right PigCicles, I won't get into the nuances of new versus used pantyhose. :roflmaoha0:

Toast
02-11-2011, 05:12 PM
Thanks, Toast! I gotta remember this!

Have you done broccoli or cauliflower? We've done broccoli and we really like it.

May have to do a special boil for Easter eggs.

I've not tried that Big Al, sounds pretty darn healthy!

Uncanney
04-24-2011, 11:34 AM
Cool idea, Thanks...
On my list of things to try.

Bubblehead
04-24-2011, 02:07 PM
Great tip! Thank you. :thumbs up:

Buzzwinder
04-24-2011, 02:16 PM
Worried about the eggs breaking? Not a problem. Use a pair of pantyhose. Tie the top off on the handle of the pot. I normally put the corn down one leg and the taters down the other. Use another to protect the eggs.

Sounds like a great idea, just one question! Where do you find three legged panty hose?

1, corn down one leg

2, the taters down the other

3, Use another to protect the eggs

:cheers2:
:shrug:

SmokyOkie
04-24-2011, 02:55 PM
Sounds like a great idea, just one question! Where do you find three legged panty hose?

1, corn down one leg

2, the taters down the other

3, Use another to protect the eggs

:cheers2:
:shrug:

Joe Namath.