PDA

View Full Version : raseberry sauce

smokin-drinking
02-09-2011, 06:49 AM
Looking for a good homemade raseberry BBQ sauce.

SmokyOkie
02-09-2011, 11:34 AM
simmer frozen raspberries with sugar or corn syrup then puree and strain. Add you favorite BBQ sauce and reduce to the consistency you want.

If you want more heat, simmer some chipotle in with them. I like to use about 2 parts raspberries to 1 part sugar, but your taste may vary.

jerry516planes
02-09-2011, 01:27 PM
:whathesaid:Rasberries love chipoltle! As Emirl says "They get all happy"

Fatback Joe
02-09-2011, 01:51 PM
Hey Tim,

You ever try that raspberry sauce I sent you? Must be it sucked. LOL

I never tried it, bought one bottle and sent it to you. This thread just reminded me.

SmokyOkie
02-09-2011, 02:00 PM
I'm sure we ate it 'cuz I luvs raspberries, but quite honestly, I can't say as I remember. that was a long time ago.

Thanks again for having sent it though.

I still have one stick of grapefruit wood left. I'm kinda Bogarting it for a special occasion.

Primo
02-09-2011, 03:03 PM
Chipotle raspberry sauce

2 tablespoons olive oil
2 large jalapeno peppers, seeded and diced
1 small chipotle
2 cloves garlic, minced
4 teaspoons adobo sauce
2 (6 ounce) containers fresh raspberries
1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 cup turbinado sugar
1/2 cup white sugar

Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Stir in jalapenos; cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Mix in garlic, and adobo sauce; bring to a simmer. Stir the raspberries into the sauce; cook until soft, about 3 minutes. Stir in the vinegar, salt, brown sugar, and white sugar. Mix well. Simmer until thickened and reduced by half, about 15 minutes. Transfer sauce to a heatproof bowl; allow to cool to room temperature before serving, about 20 minutes.

Fatback Joe
02-09-2011, 03:15 PM
I'm sure we ate it 'cuz I luvs raspberries, but quite honestly, I can't say as I remember. that was a long time ago.

Thanks again for having sent it though.

I still have one stick of grapefruit wood left. I'm kinda Bogarting it for a special occasion.

My in-laws are down in Florida right now and headed this way in a couple of weeks. I'll see if I can snag you some.

SmokyOkie
02-09-2011, 04:23 PM
:woohoo::woohoo::thumbs up: