PDA

View Full Version : Halftiime snack

SmokyOkie
02-06-2011, 09:03 PM
Something quick and easy, timed it perfectly and sat down to eat jsut as the second half kicked off.

Fried redfish fingers, lamb fries and fried green beans:

http://i890.photobucket.com/albums/ac108/SmokyOkie/SmokyOkie%202011/Fish%20and%20seafood%202011/DSC_0002-1.jpg

Vermin99
02-06-2011, 10:21 PM
:thumbs up::thumbs up: Corn meal?

SmokyOkie
02-06-2011, 10:27 PM
Corn flour and corn meal with a heavy dose of Seafood Splash on the Redfish. Lighter on the cornmeal on the beans. Rooster Booster and flour on the lamb fries.

I did the lamb fries with a double dip process in egg wash and will not do that again. It sealed the coating so well that the moisture couldn't get out, and as a result, they weren't as crispy as they could have been. No egg wash next time, just fish breading.

BigAL
02-07-2011, 07:43 AM
Very nice plate, Tim! I like the idea of the fried green beans, give a nice texture/crunch. Kids would like it.

When I did the buffalo, I used beer so the coating would stick. Worked alright. Next time I'll use a fish breading that has less corn starch, though......just didn't quite go together right for everyone, ie Dad.

What are your dip'n sauces? Cocktail and.....? Homemade?

peculiarmike
02-07-2011, 09:48 AM
I'd have to ignore the game and concentrate on that plate. :thumbs up:

SmokyOkie
02-07-2011, 11:39 AM
Very nice plate, Tim! I like the idea of the fried green beans, give a nice texture/crunch. Kids would like it.

When I did the buffalo, I used beer so the coating would stick. Worked alright. Next time I'll use a fish breading that has less corn starch, though......just didn't quite go together right for everyone, ie Dad.

What are your dip'n sauces? Cocktail and.....? Homemade?

cocktail sauce and Asiago peppercorn dipping sauce. Tartar was on the side for the fish

I'd have to ignore the game and concentrate on that plate. :thumbs up: