PDA

View Full Version : SmokyOkie's EZ Beans

SmokyOkie
01-30-2011, 06:01 PM
OK, it don't get any easier, and these beans are DEeeeelish.

1 117oz can Bush's original beans

1 TBS ground black pepper.

1 16oz jar Mezetta's tamed jalapeņos (http://www.mezzetta.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=mezzetta&Product_Code=10106129&Category_Code=DeliSliced) Be sure to add juice and all.

16oz Head Country Original BBQ sauce (or to taste)

1 large yellow onion chopped

(Optional) one to two lbs chopped brisket, sausage fatty, sliced hot links, chopped smoked pork or meat of your choice)

Mix all ingredients and smoke for 4 hours at 250°

For hotter beans, substitute regular (not tamed) sliced jalapeņos.

Tamed jalapeņos have no heat at all

PigCicles
01-30-2011, 06:08 PM
Sounds simple and good Tim. Simple is a big hit round here when cooking for groups in a casual setting. Bet you could fire it up pretty good with some of your Devil Dust too :msn-wink: :roflmaoha0:

BluDawg
01-30-2011, 07:45 PM
Tamed Jalapeņos? What the HE double hokey sticks is that:tap:What are the girly man food for Oakies? Tamed jalapeņos:roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0: I bet you drink light beer too:moon::msn-wink:
:thumbs up:Other than the I can't say it i bet they are some good beans.

SmokyOkie
01-30-2011, 10:22 PM
The recipe is designed so that all can enjoy it. If you want to offer heat for those that want it it is easy to set some heat on the side.

Personally, I like to use about half and half real and tamed.

The main thing is to get the jalapeņo flavor and the vinegar into the fray.

....And, I do drink light beer. As much as I drink and weigh, I'd have to cut back otherwise.:blushing:

trucknstuffmike
01-31-2011, 08:53 AM
sounds fabulous, not far off what I do except I add a little brown sugar and cayenne pepper in too and I have never tried putting the juice from the japs in. Head country is the bomb in baked beans.

Cant wait to give your recipe a try!

Those mezzetta tamed japs are my fav, they also make some sweet and spicy that are the bomb! I just take the whole jar to the couch and pig out!

Vermin99
01-31-2011, 01:49 PM
Sounds like a great recipe. I have never heard of tamed jalapenos before. I wonder how one tames a jalapeno and how do you know when you tamed it?

SmokyOkie
01-31-2011, 01:55 PM
Sounds like a great recipe. I have never heard of tamed jalapenos before. I wonder how one tames a jalapeno and how do you know when you tamed it?

:exasper::exasper:

Buzzards Roost
01-31-2011, 02:36 PM
I Guess you would know the morning after.:roflmaoha0: :roflmaoha0:

trucknstuffmike
01-31-2011, 04:39 PM
I have never heard of tamed jalapenos before. I wonder how one tames a jalapeno and how do you know when you tamed it?

Tamed jalapenos are a variety that was developed by the university of texas actually, I grow them in my garden along with several other varietys and trust me they are not always tame haha but I love the flavor of them.

SmokyOkie
01-31-2011, 10:21 PM
There are several mild jalapeņos out there these days.

when they fist came out with the TAM, it was about the only one there and was smallish, thin walled and not the best flavor.

I had good luck with one called Fooled You Hybrid.

Has anyone else tried any of the others?