PDA

View Full Version : Wanna make the inside of your pork butts taste like the outside?

SmokyOkie
12-15-2010, 07:37 PM
Here it is. BARK injectable pork bark flavor. Just add it to your own inject recipe, or mix with Smokin' Swine brine, or for that matter, use it as a stand alone.

What does it taste like? It tastes like pork bark. what is it made of? Basically pork bark and salt.

This one is sure to stadn pork competition on its head.

http://i890.photobucket.com/albums/ac108/SmokyOkie/SmokyOkie2009/barkstockphoto.jpg

Only available at US BBQ Supply (http://usbbqsupply.com/home/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=23_25&products_id=138)

PigCicles
12-15-2010, 07:42 PM
I hope you meant the title to sound like that AND I hope it doesn't taste like arse :roflmaoha0:

I think I gotta get me some :msn-wink:

Chargrilled
12-15-2010, 08:23 PM
Oh get outta here!!!! No chit???:shrug:

Cant wait to give a bag a shot!!! Esp compin!!! Hope to see some reviews in the very near future!!!

Injectabark!!!!!

Joneser
12-15-2010, 08:30 PM
I'd be happy to review it for you...got a couple of butts coming up in the next couple weeks if the weather cooperates. :D

Chargrilled
12-15-2010, 08:31 PM
I'd be happy to review it for you...got a couple of butts coming up in the next couple weeks if the weather cooperates. :D

Got a 3 pack left in the freezer from a case we bought couple o weekends ago!!! Should give it a go but got soooooo much seasonings,injections, etc....to go through or Im gonna need offsite storage!!!:blushing:

tomshoots
12-15-2010, 08:46 PM
:wow: Dude, I will try that!

BA_LoKo
12-15-2010, 09:00 PM
That looks very interesting. I'd sure give it a shot.

If BigAl sees that, he'll think it's got tree bark in it. :moon:

SmokyOkie
12-15-2010, 10:36 PM
I was just worried about Fatback and Bill.

I think it is best when used with Sweet Smokin' Swine Brine.

I was so sick of pork butt from doing comps that I don;t think I have kept any pork for the last two years (ask Jeremy and Curt), but when I did a few butts with this combo, I didn't give any away. Only prollem is that with 30-40# of pork in the deep freeze, I'm kinda short on space.

TX Sandman
12-15-2010, 11:55 PM
I'm gonna have to give that a try. The bark is the family's favorite part of the cook.

BigAL
12-16-2010, 06:07 AM
That looks very interesting. I'd sure give it a shot.

If BigAl sees that, he'll think it's got tree bark in it. :moon:

Never seen tree bark, we don't have trees out here in BFE.:exasper: We only have women out here that bark.

Kev, you Turd! Hang around more so we can give ya he!!:misbehaving:

peculiarmike
12-16-2010, 10:15 AM
Available packaged less than a pound???

jwbtulsa
08-05-2012, 04:14 PM
I will have to try this on the big butts I picked up from Sam's. I have been using a rub recipe I picked up Jeff Phillips over at smoking-meat.com but I am always looking for another option. Let me knowif you have any suggestions. Besides, I am all about support the local boys and keeping my money in Oklahoma

SmokyOkie
08-05-2012, 05:34 PM
I know of a few rubs that you would probably find a little more flavorful than the rub you are talking about, that is, if you don't mind buying rubs. there are a few folks here that have tried that recipe. I haven't talked to many that really like it all that much.

jwbtulsa
08-05-2012, 07:04 PM
It was OK. Will not use it on beef again- it's too sweet. It would not be my first choice if I were to graduate to competing; just doesn't have the flash I was looking for. I never really agreed to a rub that is marketed for use on everything. No two meats are the same as I am sure you would agree.
Feel free to suggest anything. I am willing to buy anything once. And you never know when you come across a product that satisfies your personal tastes. At the retail rate of superior quality spices, a purchased rub mix cannot possibly be that expensive (and it's easier than custom stuff!) Just email, PM, or post a reply. I will follow your lead.

SmokyOkie
08-05-2012, 08:26 PM
Definite truth in that. Everybody has different tastes.

All the rubs on this site win competitions on a regular basis. I can't tell you which you might like best, but they are all crafted by masters.

Schmokin Party
08-06-2012, 08:11 PM
Given your high praise, I decided to order a bag of each last night. I am assuming that it works best when used with Okie Dust??? Going under the knife on Wednesday for a bad shoulder, but hope to give it a go with a kurobuta butt in a couple of weeks.

What is the discount code for shameless promotion of SmokyOkie products?:roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0:

SmokyOkie
08-06-2012, 10:24 PM
TQJ5%

Good luck with the shoulder.

That's funny, you shoulder and the knife, two weeks and pork shoulder and the knife.

Check these (http://www.compartdurocpork.com/Competition_Butt_Pack_p/com-pack018.htm) out Mel