PDA

View Full Version : Boning Knife...

Geek with Fire
12-01-2010, 09:19 PM
Wow! I had no idea how much of a difference a boning knife makes. I was actually able to debone a turkey without cutting out the backbone first. Now, I still need some practice doing it this way, because I butchered the poor bird a little rough, but quite a difference. Now I can keep the chef's knife in the block and all of my digits attached to my hands.

The bird is now cooking in some cherry wood on the drum.

BluDawg
12-01-2010, 09:53 PM
I don't have a Boning Knife but I do have a Fillet Knife sharp enough to remove your apendix. I weild* that thing like a Ninja with a light saber. It works great for all my de boning needs. I think I cost me $14.00 20 years ago.

PigCicles
12-01-2010, 09:54 PM
Dare I say it ... :roflmaoha0: ... okay - how about a picture of your boner :roflmaoha0: :roflmaoha0: :exasper:

Glad it wasn't a chicken cuz then I woulda had to say something about your ... ummm - nahhh

Lets see the knife Josh.

SmokyOkie
12-01-2010, 10:35 PM
Dare I say it ... :roflmaoha0: ... okay - how about a picture of your boner :roflmaoha0: :roflmaoha0: :exasper:

Glad it wasn't a chicken cuz then I woulda had to say something about your ... ummm - nahhh

Lets see the knife Josh.

:whathesaid::whathesaid:

What kind did you get? I'm like Dawg though, I have a 6" Martin fillet knife that generally does what needs done, though I do use a 6" Forschner curved flexible and one rigid boning knife that come in handy as well.

Geek with Fire
12-02-2010, 12:08 AM
OK, OK, here's a pic of the boner (5 1/2" Henckels):
http://www.geekwithfire.com/img/5412.jpg

Also, my day wouldn't be complete unless I gave you the bird:
http://www.geekwithfire.com/img/5410.jpg

PigCicles
12-02-2010, 12:25 AM
Well aren't you the good sport to show us your boner and your c ... chicken

Good lookin knife Josh - sorry you had to use it on a chicken though. Okie is pretty big on bonin birds and braggin about it too.

:blushing: sorry about all the puns :blushing:

well not really but it sounds good:roflmaoha0:

BigAL
12-02-2010, 07:34 AM
5 1/2" boner is below avg, isn't it Josh? :msn-wink::roflmaoha0:

That is a nice look'n knife.:thumbs up:

SmokyOkie
12-02-2010, 11:44 AM
Looks like a dandy Josh. It should serve you well.