PDA

View Full Version : Forum upgrade

Fatboy
11-29-2010, 05:13 PM
We have endeavored to bring you the latest in forum software both in an attempt to stay ahead of the curve, but also to keep from falling by the wayside when the software authors cease to support the old software.

You have only begun to see the capabilities of the new program. They are too numerous to list and too broad to attempt to install all at once.

We had a very unfortunate "Perfect Storm" event that not only knocked us offline for nearly a day, but really upset the upgrade as well.

We would like to apologize for any inconvenience that this unforeseeable event may have caused you.

As I look through the thread where opinions were given as to the state of the new software, I was greatly saddened at the amount of ranting and complaining that I saw. I was also pleased at the positive input that some members offered.

I would hope that all here would understand that we were fortunate to be able to bring the forum up as quickly as we did, and in my opinion, fortunate that we have been able to get the upgrade put back together as fast as we have.

To those that have expressed thanks for our efforts, you are very welcome.

A lot of you were not around when The Q Joint first opened almost three years ago. those that were probably remember that it was very much a metamorphosis to get to where we were, but that the end result was worth the effort. this upgrade will be a metamorphosis as well.

With your positive input as to what needs done to fine tune things, we will now, due to the upgrade, be able to push forward once again and remain the premier outdoor cooking forum on the great world wide web.

For those that complained about the change, I trust that the look is starting to become more familiar. there was a good amount of effort put forth and money spent to maintain that. what you are starting to see now was what the original upgrade was to have looked like.

I would like to ask though that we continue to maintain our community spirit and sense of working together by offering positive input. Specific positive input is something that will help the forum. Non specific complaints and rants do nothing to improve our posture, nor do they do anything to promote the pleasant atmosphere that we have always enjoyed here. Not only that, but they really serve to impugn the efforts of those that have volunteered there time with no recompense whatsoever in order to try to make things better for you. they instead deserve your thanks.

Once again, thanks to all of you that continue to contribute and thereby make The Q Joint the great forum that it is.

O B City
11-29-2010, 09:05 PM
On the one hand, for what it costs to hang out here ($zero) I can't complain. Ya the font size dropped a bit and my eyes aren't what they used to be but I know that will be fixed. Sheesh it has only been 3 days already.

As far as the downtime, what that did for me was make me realize how much I would miss this place if it wasn't around. And the answer = a lot.

I continue to love this place, and will continue to for as long as I can eat :)

Thank you to all that keep the lights blinkin and fans hummin here.

SmokyOkie
11-29-2010, 09:10 PM
I'm just looking forward to seeing what other new things are to come.

PigCicles
11-30-2010, 12:39 AM
POINTS to Fatboy!!! :roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0:

Thanks to Brian for putting up with all our insistance to make it a better place still yet. You Rock Buster!

FB - you'll be seeing a little donation to help keep those lights buzzing and the fans blinking .. umm you know what I mean

peculiarmike
11-30-2010, 02:32 AM
My thanks to His Rotundness!!! And to Brian for all his time and effort. And I know it continues on.
I look forward to all the new and wonderous things. :thumbs up:

A better Q Joint is a fine thing!!! :msn-wink:

Joneser
11-30-2010, 07:50 AM
Huge thanks to Fatboy and contributors for making this change happen and creating the Premier BBQ and Outdoor cooking site on the net.
Part of the reason we have the cream of the crop here is the environment we create here. It's a lot more intimate than the others and I can safely say I've made a lot of friends here. This is home, thanks for sprucing it up Big Guy!