PDA

View Full Version : Tapatalk Mobile App

Joneser
11-29-2010, 01:36 PM
This is for all you guys and gals who like to stay connected wherever you go.
During our recent upgrades, we added the Tapatalk Plug-in to TQJ.

Here is a quote from www.tapatalk.com

Tapatalk is a forum app on the iPhone, Android, BlackBerry (free) and Nokia (free). Tapatalk Forum App provides super fast on-the-go forum access to any vBulletin, IPBoard, phpBB or SMF forum that has activated our Tapatalk plugin. Try it now to see why so many forums adopted it to compliment or replace their existing HTML-based mobile forum skin.
Good News for Blackberry Owners, it's free to you.

SmokyOkie
11-29-2010, 02:35 PM
How do you activate it Brian?

Can you do a tutorial in the tech how to forum and stick it?

PigCicles
11-29-2010, 02:48 PM
Maybe my next phone will be on one of those platforms, this one is a POS that drives me insane

Jake
11-29-2010, 02:56 PM
i sent a friend request. :roflmaoha0: :roflmaoha0: but i have no idea how to use the dang thing yet, i just found the app yesterday. i agree with tim..... teach us :msn-wink:

iBQ'n
11-29-2010, 03:08 PM
It is very east to use. Once you install Tapatalk go in to "Search" and type in "TheQJoint". Click on the forum after it comes up and then log in. Tapatalk will now save a link to the forum in the "Favorites" section so the next time you go in to Tapatalk you click on "Favorites" and then "TheQJoint" and you will be automatically logged in.

I use it on a couple of other forums and it works great.

Joneser
11-29-2010, 03:18 PM
:whathesaid:
Thanks, Rich. I was hoping you'd chime in.
I don't have this yet, but my New every 2 upgrade is still a few months away. :thumbs up:

Jake
11-29-2010, 03:22 PM
It is very east to use. Once you install Tapatalk go in to "Search" and type in "TheQJoint". Click on the forum after it comes up and then log in. Tapatalk will now save a link to the forum in the "Favorites" section so the next time you go in to Tapatalk you click on "Favorites" and then "TheQJoint" and you will be automatically logged in.

I use it on a couple of other forums and it works great.

it made me send a request, wonder if im on the wrong thing :roflmaoha0:

iBQ'n
11-29-2010, 05:30 PM
it made me send a request, wonder if im on the wrong thing :roflmaoha0:

I don't know what you mean by made me send a request?

SmokyOkie
11-29-2010, 09:04 PM
Can someone post a link and a screen shot?

Geek with Fire
11-29-2010, 10:10 PM
I just installed it on my EVO Android phone. Pretty cool, but $2.99 is fairly expensive compared to most other apps I try. For you Android users out there, did you know if you uninstall a paid app within 24 hours, you will get a refund?

Geek with Fire
11-29-2010, 10:48 PM
Also, here you go Tim. Is this what you are looking for? Pretty handy on the phone, though the smiley's don't come through. I'm not really concerned about smilies, but when someone posts a lot of them, it looks really funky.

http://www.geekwithfire.com/img/androidtqj.jpg

Geek with Fire
11-29-2010, 11:49 PM
Sorry to be a stalker on this post (Mod's feel free to delete my previous 2 posts). I'm not sure what the app is like on other phones, but here is a quick youtube tutorial I recorded for the Android Phone:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iV17vKHNB4o

Joneser
11-30-2010, 07:58 AM
Great stuff, Josh...I'd never delete those posts...
Thanks for taking the time to do this! :thumbs up:

iBQ'n
11-30-2010, 08:23 AM
Nice...a lot better than my explanation.

Joneser
11-30-2010, 10:07 AM
Josh, I posted your video in the How-To section, Great Job!

Click -----> Here (http://www.theqjoint.com/forum/showthread.php/7995-Tapatalk-on-the-Android)

SmokyOkie
11-30-2010, 10:53 AM
Thanx Josh...Say, has anyone ever told you that you have aged since your avatar photo?:shrug::roflmaoha0:

PigCicles
11-30-2010, 04:17 PM
Man! You're cold Okie

Josh you did a bang up job. You oughta be in pictureshows :msn-wink:

You could use a little Just For Men though :roflmaoha0:

SmokebyKel
12-04-2010, 10:25 AM
I've seen others use this app, just wanted to make sure it was worth the $2.99. So far I've been able to not purchase any apps. :-)

cabinetmaker
12-04-2010, 11:42 AM
Well, I've been contemplating purchasing the app. My first purchased app too. I did it about and hour ago and this is my first post with it. It definately is faster. The look is not the same as the joint, but I guess that's ok. Looks like all pics are small and have to tapped for enlargement but its almost instant. I think its worth 2.99 just for the speed.

Sent from my M860 using Tapatalk

Joneser
12-04-2010, 12:21 PM
Excellent!:thumbs up:

cabinetmaker
12-04-2010, 01:20 PM
Wow, not sure about the tapatalk sig. Can I get rid of that?

Chargrilled
12-04-2010, 02:16 PM
As soon as my bberry gets fixed (new one) I will dive into it! Looks great! I have tried messin with the page via regular browser and it aint good, slow and too small. I do believe browneyedgolden does most of his site crusin via android through their browser tho, and it looks excellent.

Geek with Fire
12-04-2010, 03:03 PM
Wow, not sure about the tapatalk sig. Can I get rid of that?

Yes, just go into Menu, Settings, Tapatalk Tignature. Select none.

And yes, Tim, you guys have aged me. ;-)

SmokyOkie
12-04-2010, 03:30 PM
Yes, just go into Menu, Settings, Tapatalk Tignature. Select none.

And yes, Tim, you guys have aged me. ;-)

:roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0: