PDA

View Full Version : Forum Upgrade Notice - Please Read

Q-N-Brew
11-15-2010, 04:04 PM
Thanks to the hard work and dedication of Joneser and the support team working on testing the upgrades we've been speaking of lately ...

I would like to make the announcement that we here at The Q Joint will be installing the upgrade to our forum on November 23rd, in the later hours (approx. 10 PM) until the upgrade is complete.

You will not be able to log into the forum until the process is complete. We have been looking at this installed on another server, looking for anything that needs attention. We feel we've found most of the items that need tweaked and are ready to go live with it.

You will notice a slight change in the skin, but it's still the same. The layout will be somewhat different, but easy to navigate. The User Control Panel is nicely laid out. Our advertisers will have a banner now... just t name a few simple things.

There are lots of other improvements to come after this upgrade is in place.

We are excited to have this coming next week and hope to see some positive feedback on it. Please use this thread to make any suggestions when the upgrade is complete.

Thank You to all those that have been able to donate to the forum to help make this and other needed improvements to the the forum. We feel this is truly the Premier Website Dedicated to Outdoor Cooking and look forward to seeing everyones posts in the new upgrade.

O B City
11-15-2010, 11:13 PM
Bring it on!

Do our post counts start over at 0 with the new one? Or will all of the current posts come along for the ride? Would be a shame to lose all of the words that are here.

Joneser
11-16-2010, 07:41 AM
Everything will transfer over...no problem there. You guys are gonna like the new look. Remember, if you find a bug, squish it by posting here or sending a PM to any of the staff.

SmokyOkie
11-16-2010, 05:21 PM
Bring it on!

Do our post counts start over at 0 with the new one? Or will all of the current posts come along for the ride? Would be a shame to lose all of the words that are here.

I heard they were gonna do away with post counts.

Not really!

I'm excited!

PigCicles
11-19-2010, 11:35 AM
:bump:

PigCicles
11-21-2010, 05:33 AM
Another bump bump can't wait to see it

Joneser
11-22-2010, 09:51 AM
Just a reminder....coming up soon, Tomorrow evening.
Getting excited to see the forums go live.
FYI, This will not be a total makeover like SMF did a few months back...

Buzzards Roost
11-22-2010, 10:35 AM
I'm looking forward to what ya'll have come up with. :woohoo:

Joneser
11-23-2010, 04:47 PM
Tonight's the night...
Don't forget that we'll be unavailable for a while this evening, we should only be down for a few hours at most if everything goes as planned.
Once the forums are up and running, I'll start a Bug thread to report any functional problems.

PigCicles
11-23-2010, 08:40 PM
:cheer::cheer: Yay!! can't wait to see it in action :cheer::cheer:

chef schwantz
11-23-2010, 08:42 PM
Any idea what time this might be happening?:sign0092:

PigCicles
11-23-2010, 08:50 PM
Q said later hours about 10 - but who knows which time zone :msn-wink:

SmokyOkie
11-23-2010, 10:04 PM
:monkey::monkey::monkey::monkey:

O B City
11-23-2010, 10:42 PM
I am all tingly with anticipation.

:saythat:

glued2it
11-24-2010, 12:42 AM
Just don't get drunk before you do the upgrades. We know what happens then..........:exasper:

chef schwantz
11-24-2010, 12:44 AM
Has it happened yet?

cabinetmaker
11-24-2010, 05:24 AM
Ok, i don't see anything different. Maybe I'm not looking hard enough.

Joneser
11-24-2010, 06:45 AM
Looks like we were pushed back...I'll look into it.

Joneser
11-24-2010, 08:45 AM
Looks like the migration will take place on Thursday the 25th.

BluDawg
11-24-2010, 09:11 AM
:tap:I was wondering if April fools came early or was I experiencing Groundhog Day :shrug::exasper:

PigCicles
11-24-2010, 09:35 AM
Awwww drats - I was so looking forward to the new phone book coming (Steve Martin)

Okay, but you gotta hurry up :tap:

O B City
11-25-2010, 01:15 PM
I am all tingly with anticipation.

:saythat:

Looks like the migration will take place on Thursday the 25th.

I am getting that tingly feeling again!

O B City
11-28-2010, 06:06 PM
I think I have a Jenn You Whine bug here. Under my Avatar it says there are a certain number of new posts, but when I click it I get far fewer. refreshed several times and still does it. Hmmmmm

In this particular case it said there were 7 new posts, but displayed 4.

http://i346.photobucket.com/albums/p401/nuthinflatranch/Screenshot2010-11-28at24940PM.png

chef schwantz
11-28-2010, 06:11 PM
I have noticed that when I am NOT LOGGED IN, there are many more posts on the "todays posts" column. As soon as I log in, it only goes back about 2 hours. And searching back through the general forum area is a pain in the tukus.

SmokyOkie
11-28-2010, 06:59 PM
I have noticed that when I am NOT LOGGED IN, there are many more posts on the "todays posts" column. As soon as I log in, it only goes back about 2 hours. And searching back through the general forum area is a pain in the tukus.

Where does it say today's posts?

I am with you and have already voiced my request for an "active threads" button.

SmokyOkie
11-28-2010, 07:12 PM

I see now. It only considers a post new if it was made since your last log in.

we need a "today's posts for members that are already log in right away.

chef schwantz
11-28-2010, 07:14 PM
Where does it say today's posts?

I am with you and have already voiced my request for an "active threads" button.

Upper middle lefthand menu bar. There is much room for some "streamlining", but all in all, I do like it, and appreciate the efforts of those involved in the undertaking. Thank you.

SmokyOkie
11-28-2010, 07:19 PM
Yes. It changes to new posts when you are logged in and it only lists threads with posts you haven't read.

O B City
11-28-2010, 07:53 PM
I think I have a Jenn You Whine bug here. Under my Avatar it says there are a certain number of new posts, but when I click it I get far fewer. refreshed several times and still does it. Hmmmmm

In this particular case it said there were 7 new posts, but displayed 4.

Ok I figured this one out. It is only displaying the threads that contain new posts, but some may contain more than one new post in them. In other words if all the new posts were all in the same thread, it would only display that one thread. Duh!

PigCicles
11-28-2010, 08:02 PM
That's what I said in the other thread --- I'm sooo confused