PDA

View Full Version : Looking for adjustable vents to modify ECB

Toast
11-04-2010, 06:18 PM
I have the ECB Gourmet version. It has a coal pan and water pan then 2 racks.

I'm having difficulty maintaining a "Low and Slow" constant 225*. It's too hot at first then too cold. Would like to add 3 air dampers. Two on the bottom 180* apart and one in the lid or 4 smaller ones on the bottom 90* apart with one larger one on the lid.

My question is: Does anyone know where I can order the vent assemblies that have 4 holes with adjustable louver?

Any and all input appreciated.

Thanks! :thumbs up:

BluDawg
11-04-2010, 08:27 PM
The vents you ae speaking of can be purchased directly from Weber but if you are planning on installing them on the side of the charcoal outer pan they will not work on a convexed surface.
Here is a link to an awesome mod done on your exact smoker that is very well thought out and engineered. http://home.comcast.net/~day_trippr/smoker_mods.htm

flying illini
11-04-2010, 08:50 PM
wow, that's a great bunch of mods.

SmokyOkie
11-04-2010, 08:51 PM
The vents you ae speaking of can be purchased directly from Weber but if you are planning on installing them on the side of the charcoal outer pan they will not work on a convexed surface.
Here is a link to an awesome mod done on your exact smoker tat is very well thougt out and engineered. http://home.comcast.net/~day_trippr/smoker_mods.htm

Fully outrageous build!!!!!

Next question...Why not just buy a WSM?

Toast
11-05-2010, 04:45 PM

Because I'm cheap! :twocents: :msn-wink:

Thanks to All for the replies. That is a killer mod! Thanks for the info!!!

I did see where he placed the vents on the bottom of the coal pan instead of the sides. I may get a sheetmetal shop to fabricate some using a couple of those pic's as models.

Again, Thanks to all.

chef schwantz
11-06-2010, 03:30 PM

I agree. By the time you get done dickin' around with mods, you still got an ECB. Kinda like those punk kids who think putting $2000 worth of tires and rims on a $500 POS car makes it worth $2500.:roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0:

Carbon
05-08-2011, 05:32 PM
I just modified my stock electric ECB for charcoal use.
I drilled 4 large vent holes on the lid but have no plans to make them adjustable as these vent holes will always remain 100% open exhaust.

JackBrews
07-03-2011, 02:52 PM
I called Weber and ordered 4 'kits' which I was told included 1 damper and mount hardware. Each kit came with 3! I used 4 on my Lowes Master Forge ECB knockoff. So i have like 11 left. If you would like to work something out send me a Private message.

Toast
07-04-2011, 08:57 AM
I called Weber and ordered 4 'kits' which I was told included 1 damper and mount hardware. Each kit came with 3! I used 4 on my Lowes Master Forge ECB knockoff. So i have like 11 left. If you would like to work something out send me a Private message.

Thanks JackBrews.

I've decided to go for a Weber Bullit instead. (The wife should have to work a minimal amount of overtime to make it happen :roflmaoha0:). In the meantime It's hard for me to stop using the Weber Gasser.