PDA

View Full Version : Dungeness w/the Princess

BigAL
10-30-2010, 10:20 AM
Last weekend it was just me and my daughter. She likes crab and I had bought dungeness crab a couple months ago.:blushing: I had tried it, knew wife and son may not be too into it and when planting and harvest hit, no time to do it for everyone. So we steamed 3 of them for us, she even helped clean them.:thumbs up: Cleaned then steamed. Not the best pix, but something to look at anyway.

BTW, wasn't real impressed. Hard to beat snow crab boiled like crawfish w/spicy water, etc.

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z2/lonefarm/crabtopsirloinbuffalofries001.jpg

Put'n the hair up, it's gonna get messy!:D:eating:

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z2/lonefarm/crabtopsirloinbuffalofries002.jpg

chef schwantz
10-30-2010, 11:18 AM
I agree with you on Dungeness vs Snow Crab. My dad lives out in OR, and We've gone crabbing quite a few times. Even fresh, I don't think it matches up to Snow crab for flavor. But he swears by it.:shrug:

BigAL
10-30-2010, 11:31 AM
Thats what I've heard, too. I bought these on sale whole frozen to get as close to "fresh" as I could out here. I'm not even a big fan of the blues or even king crab. But wanted to have a try and give the kids an experience. She liked clean'n them and I tried to show here what was what. She said "I don't want a lesson, daddy, I just want to eat them." Little snot!:tap::msn-wink::roflmaoha0:

BYBBQ
10-30-2010, 12:53 PM
Looks like a great meal you two shared.:thumbs up::thumbs up:

SmokyOkie
10-30-2010, 01:43 PM
Last weekend it was just me and my daughter. She likes crab and I had bought dungeness crab a couple months ago.:blushing: I had tried it, knew wife and son may not be too into it and when planting and harvest hit, no time to do it for everyone. So we steamed 3 of them for us, she even helped clean them.:thumbs up: Cleaned then steamed. Not the best pix, but something to look at anyway.

BTW, wasn't real impressed. Hard to beat snow crab boiled like crawfish w/spicy water, etc.

Put'n the hair up, it's gonna get messy!:D:eating:

[QUOTE=chef schwantz;96458]I agree with you on Dungeness vs Snow Crab. My dad lives out in OR, and We've gone crabbing quite a few times. Even fresh, I don't think it matches up to Snow crab for flavor. But he swears by it.:shrug:

Thats what I've heard, too. I bought these on sale whole frozen to get as close to "fresh" as I could out here. I'm not even a big fan of the blues or even king crab. But wanted to have a try and give the kids an experience. She liked clean'n them and I tried to show here what was what. She said "I don't want a lesson, daddy, I just want to eat them." Little snot!:tap::msn-wink::roflmaoha0:

blue crab, dungeness and snow crab are all three weight loss foods. i.e., you burn more calories getting at the meat thanh what calories the meat has to offer. Too much work, not enough food.

Nuthin' but giant Alaskan King Crab legs for me.:msn-wink:

BluDawg
10-30-2010, 02:58 PM
Hey did ya all here that turd out in Ks you know Big AL, he's got the crabs:roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0: sorry I couldn't help it:roflmaoha0:
Nice looking meal ya turd The Princess looks ready to to explode. :kewlpics: I aint much for sea food so all that stuff is foreign to me :shrug: have to take your word for it.

BigAL
10-30-2010, 04:48 PM
Hey did ya all here that turd out in Ks you know Big AL, he's got the crabs:roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0: sorry I couldn't help it:roflmaoha0:
Nice looking meal ya turd The Princess looks ready to to explode. :kewlpics: I aint much for sea food so all that stuff is foreign to me :shrug: have to take your word for it.

Quit suck'n hind teet and live a little!

Never munched on "those" kinda crabs, don't figure they would be that tasty.:exasper: But I'll try it after a dry spell.:msn-wink::roflmaoha0:

SmokyOkie
10-30-2010, 05:06 PM
Quit suck'n hind teet and live a little!

Never munched on "those" kinda crabs, don't figure they would be that tasty.:exasper: But I'll try it after a dry spell.:msn-wink::roflmaoha0:

Not knowingly anyway, huh?