PDA

View Full Version : pepper corns

Chargrilled
10-20-2010, 07:31 PM
Sooooooooooooooo, we get some of the best B&G from a hole in the wall truck stop right outside one of the mills, (steel ones) and the gals always ask, do you want pepper shook onto you B&Gs with an egg on top? Anyone that doesnt...... dont know what they are missin!!! The pepper makes the whole meal which is awesome anyways! But heres the hinny, the pepper they shake out on the biscuits and gravy is regular black pepper corns but it is completely different as the owner buys lbs of corns and dusts them. So what i did at my house was make a shaker with my own pepper corns ground into a dust and guess what.............................................. ........well you tell me:msn-wink:

O B City
10-20-2010, 08:26 PM
what kind of grinder or peppermill do you use?

SmokyOkie
10-20-2010, 09:33 PM
Sooooooooooooooo, we get some of the best B&G from a hole in the wall truck stop right outside one of the mills, (steel ones) and the gals always ask, do you want pepper shook onto you B&Gs with an egg on top? Anyone that doesnt...... dont know what they are missin!!! The pepper makes the whole meal which is awesome anyways! But heres the hinny, the pepper they shake out on the biscuits and gravy is regular black pepper corns but it is completely different as the owner buys lbs of corns and dusts them. So what i did at my house was make a shaker with my own pepper corns ground into a dust and guess what.............................................. ........well you tell me:msn-wink:

What?????:shrug:

I keep an automatic peppermill on the table. Is it any different than fresh ground? Never put an egg on top but one over easy sure sounds like a good idea. thanx!

Do they put sausage in the gravy?

Chargrilled
10-21-2010, 01:53 PM
what kind of grinder or peppermill do you use?
a converted coffee grinder

What?????:shrug: We are done using regular pepper or even fresh ground pepper.

I keep an automatic peppermill on the table. Is it any different than fresh ground? Way different, it adds a layer to the pepper, almost a slight layer of mild sweetness.Never put an egg on top but one over easy sure sounds like a good idea. thanx! We usually put a fried egg on top of B&Gs but they put a scrambled egg on top with some ham in it.

Do they put sausage in the gravy? Always sausage in the gravy in these parts.:msn-wink:

SmokyOkie
10-21-2010, 02:08 PM
So you are saying that you like a super fine grind (dust) better?

If that is what you are doing, I wouldn't do too much at a time. It will prolly lose something over time.

what kind of peppercorns are you using?

I have been using Tellicherry and Malabar, and I'm not really sure which I like better yet.

Joneser
10-21-2010, 02:35 PM
Mmmm...Loves me some Biscuits and gravy with eggs and a side of hash browns.

SmokeN
10-21-2010, 04:46 PM
:whathesaid:That's good anytime of the day!:eating:

BYBBQ
10-21-2010, 04:56 PM
:whathesaid: Mmmmmm good.

O B City
10-21-2010, 05:42 PM
Had me some Biscuits & Gravy this mornnig after reading this thread...broke a tooth in it! Actually dentist said tooth was broke quite awhile, and it just fell off this morning.

tomshoots
10-21-2010, 09:22 PM
What a coincidence! My sweetie and I had a little time yesterday before I had to leave for work. So we headed up the road to Hard Times BBQ in Pattison for breakfast. I ordered biscuits and gravy with a side of sausage. Great biscuits split and FLOODED with a wonderful gravy. No pepper though. Had to add at the table. And I like to add a touch of Cajun Chef Hot sauce as well. Maaaaahvelous! And it was a nice little mid-week quality time with my wife.:wings: