PDA

View Full Version : Basic ABT's

peculiarmike
01-22-2008, 08:28 AM
Basic ABT's. Cored jalapenos stuffed with onion-chive cream cheese with shredded chedder and colby jack mixed in, wrapped in a slice of bacon and smoked with hickory. Yum!
And a bunch of smoked Earl Campbell hot links thrown for grins.

Bbq Bubba
01-22-2008, 09:17 AM
That is also my favorite recipe, i also add some rub to the cream cheese for a lil extra kick!!

tonto1117
01-22-2008, 10:00 AM
ABT's rock!!! I do however suggest that you have a antacid handy;). Also remember when cleaning them to be carefull, might want to wear gloves or be real carefull about washing your hands before touching any part of your body.......trust me on this oneD@ The more seeds and membrane you leave in/on the pepper the hotter they will be.

With ABT's, let your imagination go.....I have tried everything from shrimp with pinapple, burnt ends, pulled pork to little smokies to stuff them with.

DaHorns
01-29-2008, 02:51 PM
I have been doing a little different recipe by adding a lil' smokie to each ABT for a unexpected treat.......:thumbs up:

Geek with Fire
01-29-2008, 06:22 PM
I have been doing a little different recipe by adding a lil' smokie to each ABT for a unexpected treat.......:thumbs up:

Saw some time ago on Diner's Drive-in's and Dive's, a Q Dude in Kansas that puts a water chesnutt in the middle of his. Keep wanting to try that. I didn't have any chesnutts when I went to try it so I used a garlic clove. Was good, but you really have to like garlic!