PDA

View Full Version : team structure

Umpa
09-15-2010, 09:54 PM
so getting ready to step our game and start getting serious about what we doing and the comps for next year. we are in need of some more team members to help in many ways. some cooks, some $$ contributors, some beer holders...

my question.. those of you with teams. how many folks on the team and how do you share costs and split any winnings?

we are going to buy things as a group that will become team property and things like that. but on a bigger level..? just curious .. thanks..

Umpa
09-15-2010, 09:56 PM
shoulda been team structure... too much watching tv and typing in the dark.. ha

Joneser
09-16-2010, 07:10 AM
Spence,
On my team, we each buy our own meats, and seasonings split winnings down the middle after the entry is paid. There are 2 of us.

Captain Caveman
09-16-2010, 07:43 AM
so getting ready to step our game and start getting serious about what we doing and the comps for next year. we are in need of some more team members to help in many ways. some cooks, some $$ contributors, some beer holders...

my question.. those of you with teams. how many folks on the team and how do you share costs and split any winnings?

we are going to buy things as a group that will become team property and things like that. but on a bigger level..? just curious .. thanks..

My team is mainly my wife and I. We have others that go from time to time, and they hang out and help with our 2 sons (5 and 3 years old). I pay all cost, and keep all winnings. I also cook everything (that way I have nobody to blame but myself). my wife builds turn in boxes, decides what gets put in the box (she has better taste buds than I), and runs the box.

Umpa
09-16-2010, 09:42 AM
thats how we are doing it now.. just me and the wife more-or-less. Want to compete more now that i actually have the time. who knew it was so friggin expensive. i was just reading about a klous pit getting the kibash from a wallet minding wife. i have the same deal, every single penny I spent (funny how its always "our" or "we" when theres praise or payments. When theres work to do or fire to tend, its always just "Mine" (or his).. ha).... back to what i was saying.. every penny spent i had to hear about. so i figure if i can get a few folks on board, to share the cost, help the process then we can compete more, even if we have to divy up any pesos won...

SmokyOkie
09-16-2010, 10:50 AM
It would be against my policy to share equipment ownership.

Now if someone wants to have their own smoker.....

I always spring for the cost and keep track. If winnings exceeded cost (rarely), then it was split. i don't think that happened but once or twice as most comps just don't pay that much.

cabinetmaker
09-16-2010, 01:47 PM
I gotta agree with Tim. Sharing ownership of a smoker will most likely lead to friendships ending.