PDA

View Full Version : Rooster Booster takes Fairbury

SmokyOkie
08-22-2010, 10:29 AM
The chicken that won the Fairbury Fair BBQ competition was done with Rooster Booster. I guess the judges just knew what was good.

Way to go Guys!

PigCicles
08-22-2010, 10:51 AM
Congratulations to the team!

O B City
08-22-2010, 01:19 PM
Won't be too long and using RB will be considered cheatin'.....

BigAL
08-22-2010, 01:28 PM
I didn't think judges could be stoned or drunk? These new rules, sad.

:moon::msn-wink::roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0:

That is good news, gotta say congrats to the team and the Turd for the rub.:thumbs up:

smokinok
08-22-2010, 02:17 PM
I didn't think judges could be stoned or drunk? These new rules, sad.

:moon::msn-wink::roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0:

Still agains the rules but they can be bribed :exasper: :exasper: and with what the "seasoning barron" is pulling in in profits ?? :wow: Well you figure it out BigAL.:roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0:

smokinok
08-22-2010, 03:46 PM
See TIM we told you that Rooster Booster would be a big hit. :cheer: Congrats for being a part of one teams walk. If everyone does not have RB in their spice arsnel, :woohoo:get some. :wings: GOOD STUFF Maynard.

Joneser
08-23-2010, 07:19 AM
Congrats!

Chargrilled
08-23-2010, 08:16 AM
It was only a matter of time Tim!!!

tomshoots
08-23-2010, 07:22 PM
Waaay cool Tim! Congrats to you and the team!

brandEn
08-23-2010, 07:36 PM
Well I just figured out that's your rub, so congrats! I will be ordering some spices from ya here pretty soon.

SmokyOkie
08-23-2010, 08:15 PM
Waaay cool Tim! Congrats to you and the team!

Unfortunately Tom, I was only there in spirit.

they wanted to break in to Competition BBQ, so I went up for the Shannon, Il KCBS comp and we cooked it together. While we got a 3rd place brisket (1.5 points out of first), we did not fare nearly so well as they did at Fairbury, but we didn;t do badly for 4 guys that never cooked together before, and the only experienced cook not having cooked a comp since September.

Thanx for the congrats anyway, especially for them.

tomshoots
08-24-2010, 05:24 AM
Unfortunately Tom, I was only there in spirit.

they wanted to break in to Competition BBQ, so I went up for the Shannon, Il KCBS comp and we cooked it together. While we got a 3rd place brisket (1.5 points out of first), we did not fare nearly so well as they did at Fairbury, but we didn;t do badly for 4 guys that never cooked together before, and the only experienced cook not having cooked a comp since September.

Thanx for the congrats anyway, especially for them.

Yeah, I understood that you were not on that team or I would have said "your" team. To re-phrase, congrats to the team for wining and congrats to you for the winning rub.

And it sounds like things went pretty well for you at Shannon.

SmokyOkie
08-24-2010, 11:37 AM
Considering the situation, they went great.

Prolly as tough a field as I have seen. I mean, 10 of the teams were the top butt teams in the nation (the Butt to Butt)