PDA

View Full Version : Garnish

Joneser
08-11-2010, 09:55 AM
Since garnish is a necessary evil and I'm going to need to bring my "A" game to the Smoke on the Water comp this weekend, I wanna know how much Parsley to but for 4 turn in boxes.
The last comp I did, we used the curly leaf lettuce and I noticed that our appearance scores were a little lacking so we've decided to go with the parsley.
Anybody have any pointers for me?

Fatback Joe
08-11-2010, 10:45 AM
I bring 10 bunches and have plenty left over, but I like having plenty to dig through not have to worry about being caught short. Not expensive and doesn't take up much space.

SmokyOkie
08-11-2010, 10:50 AM
I awlays take 15 bundles bare minimum. You never know how much will be usable. What did you do with your lettuce, just lay it in?

try rolling it up and snipping off all but the top couple inches or so, to form rosettes. It makes a nice base fast and you can fill the gaps w/ parsley.

Bbq Bubba
08-11-2010, 08:38 PM
WOW!!!

What a bunch of parsley whores!

Real men don't use parsley, remember your FBA days brother. :moon:

I usually get 6 with plenty left over. Only thing that has to look good is the edges.

SmokyOkie
08-11-2010, 09:04 PM
WOW!!!

What a bunch of parsley whores!

I usually get 6 with plenty left over. Only thing that has to look good is the edges.

Yeah, but a nice bed keeps the meat from sliding around. It also eliminates the possibility that a judge might say that your sauce is pooled in the bottom.

Butt Lover's
08-11-2010, 09:36 PM
We take 8 and if they are nice bunches it only takes me one per box...

SmokyOkie
08-11-2010, 09:42 PM
I will admit that I usually throw away more than I use, but it's worse to run out or have to use crappy stuff.

Fatback Joe
08-12-2010, 05:12 AM

Oh, how I miss them. :mad:

SmokyOkie
08-12-2010, 11:29 AM
Wouldn't bother me a bit if KCBS did away with it.

Joneser
08-12-2010, 11:52 AM
Me either...I think the competitors should band together and boycott it, problem is, you'd have to have an unanimous boycott.

SmokyOkie
08-12-2010, 12:58 PM
Too many big name teams that like it. They say they think that it makes it look nicer, and I agree, but if nobody used it, then it wouldn't really matter would it?