PDA

View Full Version : New Dutch Oven

rwc565
07-22-2010, 03:56 PM
I am getting very proficient with my smoker and turning out some pretty good meals. My wife request that I cook various things quite often. However, she has really challenged my cooking abilities now, she brought home a 12" Dutch oven the day. Im looking forward to learning how to use it. I hope its like the smoker, where even the mistakes are tasty! I was thinking,she bought me the smoker several years ago and now the D.O. . what is she trying to tell me? Why are all the cooking utensiles she gets me for outside ?

O B City
07-22-2010, 04:58 PM
A DO works in the regular oven just fine...

SmokyOkie
07-22-2010, 09:35 PM
I'm thinking that Buzzard's roost and Short one would be good resources....a few others here as well. those tow stick out in my mind cuz I have seen them at work.

Primo
07-22-2010, 10:33 PM
i use dutch ovens in my primo all the time .
Just dont wash it with any soap .
what kind you get ,lodge or different ,is it seasoned already ?

rwc565
07-23-2010, 01:12 PM
i use dutch ovens in my primo all the time .
Just dont wash it with any soap .
what kind you get ,lodge or different ,is it seasoned already ?
I got a Lodge, and it is pre seasoned. My ol' Grandma taught me years ago that soap should never touch a cooking surface. I asked her once why she never washed her skillet and she said that soap takes the good flavors out of it. She must of known what she was talking about, cause she made the best chicken fried steak and gravy that I've ever tasted in that old skillet.

I plan on trying it out this weekend. I think I'll start out simple. I have a good beef stroganoff recipe thats pretty good.

peculiarmike
07-23-2010, 01:23 PM
Try this -

http://papadutch.home.comcast.net/~papadutch/dutch-oven-recipes.htm