PDA

View Full Version : Compound Butter Recipes

BigAL
07-22-2010, 03:20 PM
I know some of you use them, got any recipes to share? I just did one w/lime and cayenne, we'lll see how it turns out. That one is for corn on the cob.

I'd like some ideas. Everyone has done garlic, but I still want to hear it. C'mon Nancy's!:thumbs up:

:moon::msn-wink::roflmaoha0:

Butt Lover's
07-22-2010, 05:47 PM
Lime and garlic is a fav with my wife and her fam, we add cilantro to it also...

chef schwantz
07-22-2010, 05:59 PM
Parsley, garlic, and blue cheese crumbles goes well with steak. I have also done horseradish and garlic with prime rib.

morkdach
07-22-2010, 06:36 PM
Hey I got a peño one around here somewhere I will have to look it up great on fresh smoked corn:wow:

SmokyOkie
07-22-2010, 09:30 PM
I like shaved white truffles.

I also like Lea and Perrins. It rocks for steaks and for deep fried potatoes.:thumbs up:

BYBBQ
07-23-2010, 05:47 AM
Honey, maple syrup, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice are good. For sweeter taste add fruit jellies or jams.

The possibilities are endless.:msn-wink:

PigCicles
07-23-2010, 07:35 PM
I like shaved white truffles.

I also like Lea and Perrins. It rocks for steaks and for deep fried potatoes.:thumbs up:
:roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0: me too :roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0::blushing::roflmaoha0:

Take 1 Xanax and three beers - mix well and have fun while you're eating the butter sticks

Ever tried Brandy butter?

1/2 cup butter
1/4 cup superfine sugar
3 tablespoons brandy
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

Cream the butter til light. Mix in the sugar a little at a time. Add the brandy and vanilla. Drink the remaining brandy til totally snockered and throw away the concoction you mixed up cuz you probably forgot to add the brandy. - good for sweet stuff (not you Jason)

SmokyOkie
07-23-2010, 08:51 PM
Sounds like it would be good for dessert, but might be a little sweet to top a steak with.

I use brandy and butter a lot with meat, but I have never done it as a cold compound butter. I usually melt the butter and flambé off the brandy or cognac. It reduces the liquor for a more concentrated flavor and gets rid of enough alcohol that it isn't the only thing you can taste.

PigCicles
07-23-2010, 09:03 PM
I did say it was for sweet stuff in there somewhere and what's the point in cooking out the alcohol if you're trying to get smashed?

SmokyOkie
07-23-2010, 10:01 PM
Don't mix it with butter if you wanna get smashed, just chug it.

chef schwantz
07-24-2010, 12:35 AM
Or just rub it on your favorite piece of meat, and lick it off.

I know BOTB.....:exasper: