PDA

View Full Version : By popular demand, Chefs Brisket rub.

chef schwantz
07-06-2010, 11:14 PM
GT2003 posted a while back looking for a brisket rub. I shared mine with him, and he thought it was really good, so I decided to post it. It's nothing too special, and once you get a few of the ingredients together, its easy. I have no monopoly on it, but should any of you decide to use it in a commercial endeavor, just remember where you got it. That all I ask.

1 cup Canadian(montreal) steak seasoning, ground fine in a spice mill or coffe grinder. I use Tones.
1/3 cup smoked Spanish paprika. (http://www.penzeys.com/cgi-bin/penzeys/p-penzeysspanishpaprika.html) This stuff smells so good your wife might catch you in the kitchen snorting it late at night.
1/3 cup Hungarian half sharp paprika (http://www.penzeys.com/cgi-bin/penzeys/p-penzeyspaprika.html). Not as hot as cayenne, with a real mellow, smooth heat.
1/3 cup ground ancho chilie.

I get the ancho, and the paprikas from a spice place called Penzys. I encoded the links to the site. They are a great litttle regional chain, that evokes a real unique olfactory response when you step through the door of one of their stores. They also have a mail order business. Don't bother with the jars, your just paying for glass. If you sign up for their catalogs, they more often or not include a coupon for something free with your order, and I can't recommend them highly enough. Thanks for looking.

O B City
07-06-2010, 11:52 PM
This is very cool of you...thanks.

Joneser
07-07-2010, 08:43 AM
Sounds really good! Thanks for sharing, Chef!

peculiarmike
07-07-2010, 09:28 AM
Got a Penzeys over in Overland Park, KS. I may drop in this afternoon. :D

SmokyOkie
07-07-2010, 10:03 AM
Got a Penzys over in Overland Park, KS. I may drop in this afternoon. :D

Put it on our list for our next visit.

I love Penzey's I buy a lot of stuff from them

PigCicles
07-07-2010, 10:10 AM
Sounds very nice Chef. Thanks for sharing it with us. I'll be sure to give it a try

Capt Dan
07-07-2010, 04:03 PM
Very nice of you to share your rub recipe!

peculiarmike
07-07-2010, 08:10 PM
Put it on our list for our next visit.

I love Penzey's I buy a lot of stuff from them

I was way ahead of you on that one, already on the list. :thumbs up:

SmokyOkie
07-07-2010, 09:13 PM
It is so nice to know you are being though of.:D

peculiarmike
07-09-2010, 09:12 AM
The list is on the fridge with a magnet. :D

gt2003
07-26-2010, 12:00 PM
Oh yeah! I used it again last night. We walked in from the lake and the aroma of brisket was incredible. I'll post pics later tonight. I simply ran out of time last night. Thanks again Chef!