Ingredients:
2 pounds Mako Shark Steaks(4 portions)
Lemon Juice, fresh squeezed
1 oz Tequila
2 teaspoons Fresh Parsley, minced
1/8 teaspoon Garlic powder
Melted Butter or Margarine
Salt and Black Pepper - to taste

Cooking Instructions:While broiler or grill is pre-heating, combine 1/4 cup melted butter or margarine with 2 Tbsp. lemon juice, garlic, Tequila, and minced fresh parsley into a basting sauce. Place shark steaks on an oiled broiler pan and brush with melted butter or margarine; baste steaks and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Place pan 3-4" under broiler, and broil (5-6 minutes), or until lightly browned. Turn and baste other side, and broil (5-6 additional minutes), or until flakes easily with a fork.

IF grilling, warm to a med heat, brush with butter before laying on the grill. Baste several times during the process. Turn after about 4 minutes. Baste the last time as you remove the steaks.

Serving Suggestions:This is great with a Mango (any kind fresh fruit) salad and Rice Pilaf.

Additional Comments:Talk to your Butcher ! This is a GREAT meal for something different.

BigAL
07-03-2010, 05:44 AM
How did you like it? What does it taste like? Do you make it often?

chadd17
07-03-2010, 07:47 AM
Grilled shark is great. Haven't had any for several years. Thanks for the reminder. Gonna see if I can find some today. :thumbs up:

doctor phreak
07-03-2010, 09:13 AM
you know i had grilled shark one time in Kansas City and it wasnt flaky like alot of fish but dense grainy like steak it was a experince ....liked it but wasnt what i expected fish to taste like

Skinny Cook
07-05-2010, 10:46 AM
How did you like it? What does it taste like? Do you make it often?

I really liked it, but as Dr phreak says, it's not a flaky type flesh, it's more like the texture of Pork Loin. I haven't had it in a long time. When I lived in Fla, I ate it several times a month.

Vermin99
07-05-2010, 02:29 PM
I made shark a couple of times a long time ago during my gasser days. Its been so long I forget how I cooked it but remember it was pretty good. Looks like I need to find some more shark.

Skinny Cook
07-05-2010, 03:00 PM
I put grill marks on both sides then went to indirect heat. After about 6 min total, I basted it with the sauce until it hit 145 internal. I then let them rest for about 5 min before serving.