PDA

View Full Version : Blues Hog grilled cabbage

SmokyOkie
06-23-2010, 10:55 AM
Due to popular request for the recipe, here is my very simple Grilled cabbage:

1)Cut one head of cabbage in half leaving core intact.
2)Season cut side heavily with Blues Hog rub and then drizzle light olive oil or cooking oil over it and allow to soak in for 15 minutes or longer
3)Insert a small skewer or a toothpick in the top end to hold leaves in place, then slice down the middle to produce quarters
4)Balance the quarteres so that the unseasoned side faces up and repeat seasoning and oiling.
5)Place cut side down over hot direct heat and grill to brown, then turn and repeat on other cut/seasoned side.
6)Once seared, place round side down on indirect heat and cook (about 350) until cabbage begins to soften, then apply a liberal coating of Blues Hog Original sauce and continue to cook until sauce is set and cabbage is tender crisp.
7)Serve as quarters on plate with knives.

peculiarmike
06-24-2010, 07:20 AM
Thank you brother Okie! :thumbs up:

PigCicles
06-24-2010, 09:21 PM
I think some well placed pics of this process would be super :msn-wink:

Thanks for the recipe Okie.

SmokyOkie
06-24-2010, 09:28 PM
Agreed, but I wasn't intending to post a recipe when I was asked how to do it.

Here is a pic of it while cooking. i will try to remember to take a play by play next time I make it.:msn-wink:

http://i890.photobucket.com/albums/ac108/SmokyOkie/SmokyOkie%202010/fish%20and%20seafood/Grouper%20and%20grilled%20cabbage%20Jun%202010/DSC_0003.jpg

peculiarmike
06-25-2010, 07:40 AM
Agreed, but I wasn't intending to post a recipe when I was asked how to do it.

Here is a pic of it while cooking. i will try to remember to take a play by play next time I make it.:msn-wink:

Well, you know the drill by now. :toetap05:

Musta missed the pic.

Got my cabbage in the fridge waiting.