PDA

View Full Version : Need a little advice

jwsdad
06-23-2010, 08:35 AM
Just found you guys recently, and wanted to see if I could get a little help?
I've catered a few events, but all evening stuff where I had time to get all the food ready cooking during the day. I've been asked to do a lunch Friday, only for about 20 people, but everything needs to be ready by about 1030 am.( Butt, ribs, and pork tenderloin.) So my question is : to cook thursday and hold in the fridge overnight and reheat Friday morn? try to cook through the night Thursday? - which I have an old tank stick burner that requires a little "love" when cooking overnight. I'm new the this kind of gig, so any help would be appreciated!
Thanks
John

peculiarmike
06-23-2010, 10:00 AM
Stay with us, someone will jump on this in a bit. :msn-wink:

BigAL
06-23-2010, 10:07 AM
IMHO, butts day or even two ahead, pulled and in pans to reheat on smoker. Tenderloin, day of. Ribs, :shrug:. I'd say day of also. Won't be an all nighter, just an early morn.

Good luck!:thumbs up:

O B City
06-23-2010, 11:33 AM
:whathesaid:

Butts defintely ahead of time, no worries there.

Tenderloin depending on how you are doing it only takes a few minutes. I might even be brave enough to do the tenderloins at the event itself if you are serving them any kind of pink in the middle.

And ribs depending on your usual process could be partly done the day before and foiled, then unwrapped and finished in the morning.

SmokyOkie
06-23-2010, 12:00 PM
Cook the ribs the day before, cook them all the way done. Leave whole and foiled and reheat on the smoker the day of. Be sure to put the butts in shallow pans to reheat. It will reheat much more quickly and evenly.

Do the tenderloins just before serving if possible.

jwsdad
06-24-2010, 09:25 AM
Thanks guys for the help.. just wasn't sure about cooking then re heating the ribs, butt... but that's what I'll do.. I'll keep you posted on the results!:sign0092:

Bbq Bubba
06-24-2010, 10:49 AM
IMHO, butts day or even two ahead, pulled and in pans to reheat on smoker. Tenderloin, day of. Ribs, :shrug:. I'd say day of also. Won't be an all nighter, just an early morn.

Good luck!:thumbs up:

Great advise!