PDA

View Full Version : Blues Hog Rub

Geek with Fire
06-21-2010, 09:25 AM
I was in Overland Park, KS Saturday and thought I would stop by Smoke 'n Fire (a local Q supply shop). As I have mentioned before, they are quite pricey on everything, but I like that they have a whole wall dedicated to rubs and sauces. And, you can try any of them before you buy. Anyhow, I had used Blues Hog sauce before and really liked it, so this time, I picked up their rub. Really great stuff for pork ribs. It has the same sweet cinnamon flavor as the sauce, but has just a slight amount of heat. Probaby wouldn't be right for beef but the ribs were great, and I think it would be equally great for pork shoulder.

I picked up another rub that I used on 10 lbs of split chicken breasts, but for the life of me, I can't remember what it was. I will update when I get home. I also used this rub to season the veggies, and it seemed to work well.

Happy late father's day all! Mine was a blast.

PigCicles
06-21-2010, 09:42 AM
Sounds good Josh. I'll have to get some and give it a try. Glad you had a great Father's Day.

SmokyOkie
06-21-2010, 11:01 AM
It is also great on grilled cabbage quarters. I have gotten some good scores using it on chix as well.

Joneser
06-21-2010, 01:03 PM
Cool...I'll have to remember o try that.

peculiarmike
06-22-2010, 07:10 AM
I like Blues Hog rub. :thumbs up:
Don't they have it in your local grocery Josh? Any of the A-G "concept stores" usually carry Blues Hog products. CountryMart, Apple Mkt., SunFresh, Thriftway, IGA, Pricemart, ALPS, CashSaver, Price Chopper.
Lately I have been mixing it 50-50 with Arthur Bryant's rub and that works well for me. I used it on a butt and it was very nice.
Course it is nice to stop by Smoke 'n Fire now and then and look around. Lotta stuff fer sure. I took the Okie there and he almost foundered on toys, thought he was going to have to rent a U-Haul to get back to OK.
And if you are in OP you're close to the Peculiar Ranch, drop in. Always welcome.