PDA

View Full Version : Cold smoker with ceramic

Primo
05-06-2010, 04:54 PM
Im goint to get another primos and put them side by side .Run a flex pipe from chimney to chimney .Build a fire in one and let smoke roll over to the other one through the flex pipe .Open the bottom vent on the cold one all the way so the smoke runs through
What cha think

Buzzards Roost
05-06-2010, 06:56 PM
I think I want to be adopted. Very soon!!!!!!!

PigCicles
05-06-2010, 09:13 PM
Sounds like kind of an expensive cold smoker but heck ya. Let's get er did. We wanna see some pics.

SmokyOkie
05-06-2010, 09:13 PM
Maybe use an electric heat source and soaked chips in the smoke generator side. Those things are so heat efficient that you might end up hot smoking.

Maybe run the smoke hose through an ice water bath to dissipate heat.

Maybe put a pan of ice on an elevated rack where the smoke comes into the second unit.:shrug:

h20loo
05-07-2010, 08:33 AM
. Because of their efficiency-You will have that Primo so chocked down that you will have little smoke. You might need 25' of stainless chimney liner to connect the two and dissapate the heat. You do some amazing stuff so I'm looking forward to following this thread.:thumbs up:

Primo
05-07-2010, 09:32 AM
. Because of their efficiency-You will have that Primo so chocked down that you will have little smoke. You might need 25' of stainless chimney liner to connect the two and dissapate the heat. You do some amazing stuff so I'm looking forward to following this thread.:thumbs up:

I agree on the length of the flex .Ill start out with a 12 ft piece i have 6'' diameter.Ill open the bottom vent on the jr just to get the air flow .I hope ill get r done .Ill figure a way to do it ,me hopes.
Wish me luck at this the first time for cold smokin.