PDA

View Full Version : Web site hacked

BYBBQ
05-04-2010, 10:28 PM
The Backyard BBQ'er web site was hacked last week.

Sadly, I don't have the drive or time to devote to doing all the work necessary to rebuild the site. So for now it will remain down. There is a notice posted at the web address.

Maybe after I get over being so pi$$$ed off and can find a little time here and there, I may start a new smaller site. I'm just not sure right now.

Rant off. Thanks for letting me vent.

californiasmokin
05-04-2010, 11:42 PM

Sadly, I don't have the drive or time to devote to doing all the work necessary to rebuild the site. So for now it will remain down. There is a notice posted at the web address.

Maybe after I get over being so pi$$$ed off and can find a little time here and there, I may start a new smaller site. I'm just not sure right now.

Jim,
Can't tell you how sorry I am!I really enjoyed your site .It was a treasure chest of recipes and information.I hope you find the enjoyment it gave you to get the incentive to rebuild.Until then just come and hang out with us.I always enjoy your posts.:thumbs up:

Zeeker
05-05-2010, 02:54 AM
Sorry to hear that Jim. All the best...:thumbs up:

BigAL
05-05-2010, 06:06 AM
That just sucks, Jim! Sorry it happened to you. I sure appreciated your site.

Joneser
05-05-2010, 06:44 AM
Man, that just stinks! Sorry to hear the news, Jim. I really enjoyed your contribution to the community through your site.

PigCicles
05-05-2010, 08:40 AM
Da mn it Jim, sorry to hear that. That was an awesome collection and representation of your work and recipes. I know why it is said they do that - I just don't get it.

Please work on it a little at a time when you can. When you do - look into a back up source.

SmokyOkie
05-05-2010, 10:02 AM
:wow: Sorry to hear that Jimbo!

What did they do to it?

BYBBQ
05-05-2010, 10:38 AM
Yes, I did have a back-up copy, but I would have to re-do and change all the links to slideshows, pics, videos, and websites.

Let's put it this way, anything you clicked on like a link or pic or slideshow, it got re-directed to XXX p@^n sites.

PigCicles
05-05-2010, 10:45 AM
... geez what a mess! I really do hope you get the itch back soon Jim. The site was worth a fortune in information.

smokinok
05-05-2010, 10:58 AM
:exasper: Sorry to hear about your loss. :tap: Hope you can restore it as many, many :wings:people liked your work and it was appreciated.

Fatback Joe
05-05-2010, 11:58 AM
Sorry to hear that, Jim.

bbqbull
05-05-2010, 06:31 PM
I am sorry for the loss of your site.

Send the hacker to me, pretty sure he won't hack another site.

Partyshack BBQ
05-05-2010, 10:13 PM

does your host not have a backup. they should contact them and see man.

californiasmokin
06-08-2010, 09:53 PM
Jim,Glad to see that you got your site going again!!!!:cheer::cheer:

For those of you not aware of Jim's site hit the link in his signature.Some wonderful recipes with good directions.:thumbs up:

Vermin99
06-08-2010, 10:23 PM
Good to see your site up and running again!

BYBBQ
06-09-2010, 05:39 AM
Thanks Guys. The site is up and running, but only about 60% finished. I still have a lot of stuff to upload yet.

smokinok
06-09-2010, 06:55 AM
Great to see your site up in fine form. Love your pictures and you many cooks as well as recipes that you have put together. KEEP on KEEP on. :sign0092: