PDA

View Full Version : GMG Jim Bowie First Impression

silver-bullet
04-19-2010, 02:26 PM
I gave my new JB quite a workout this weekend. Friday I cooked a 9 lb Butt & Sunday I did a rib cook. So the GMG ran for over 20 hours.
1. I'm VERY impressed on how quickly this unit heats up compared to my Traeger with the 225 controller
2. The fan mode does work, However after 20+ plus hours of operation I see the pit was quite full & Vaccumed it out.
I did inspect it after fridays cook & left it. Just goes to show ya that it DOES need to be vaccumed occasionally.
3. The drip pan is kinda a pain to get out. I suppose one just has to develop a tecneic.
4. The quietness of this unit when running. Not that the steady fan running on my Traeger is obnoxiously loud. Just different.

I'm thinking in the near future I'm going to do a honest, side by side evaluation of my units. Even though my Traeger is a 070 there really is no difference other than size to the 075 which is about the same size as my JB. Price Point about the same
Not to dis credit any unit, Just to show Pelletheads & other consumers their differences.
What do ya think?

SmokyOkie
04-19-2010, 03:17 PM
When you read this, scroll down and look on the left. There is a box that says "mini stats". Click on the word "reviews", and write a review.