PDA

View Full Version : Kansas City Area Oden's BBQ

SmokyOkie
04-07-2010, 04:49 PM
While visiting Peculiar Mike and Jane, the Okette and I had the pleasure of visiting an old Haunt "Oden's BBQ" in Belton, Mo.

As usual, the Q put out by their block, mortar and steel old style pit was most excellent. We enjoyed an order of their onion sticks ( matchstick onion rings)

All of us got the ribs and burnt ends combo for, as I remember, about $12.00.

The burnt ends were superlative, not swimming in sauce, but just enough to add a little sweet tartness to their deep beefy flavor.

My ribs ( count 'em 5 full spares) were a little over cooked. They kinda fell off the bone and made you wonder how they were able to slice them and keep them intact, but everyone else's seemed to be cooked to perfection.

The beans were most savory and tangy sweet. The slaw was well above average, but definitely not world class.

One plate could've fed 2 hungry fat men and fed them well. Next time, the Okette and I will split a plate for sure.

I didn't have my camera, but I did have my phone. In fact, the plate looked so impressive that I had to run out to the car to get it so that I could take a picture to share.

Imagine my disappointment when I finally got the pic emailed to my computer so that I could post it and it came out this bad:tap::tap:

http://i890.photobucket.com/albums/ac108/SmokyOkie/SmokyOkie%202010/OdensBBQ.jpg

Though the picture is very blurry, imagine it looking as good as it possibly look, and your image will be correct. It was definitely art in the form of a plate of BBQ.

I give the folks at Oden's :thumbs up::thumbs up::thumbs up:

smokinok
04-07-2010, 06:09 PM
Thanks for posting and yesmy taste buds are tingling just looking at those less than par pictures of yours. :sign0092: If ever I am in the area I will give a try but then I try every BBQ Joint I can find and I mean I have tried some REAL JOINTS. :shrug: You name it and I have tried it if I have ever been close to it. :wings:

peculiarmike
04-08-2010, 11:30 AM
Oden's BBQ - Belton, MO

GOOD eats Maynard!!! :thumbs up:

(Didn't ya just KNOW the Okie's ribs would be a little overcooked????)

Mine were FINE. :1987_food:

SmokyOkie
04-08-2010, 01:40 PM
Oden's BBQ - Belton, MO

GOOD eats Maynard!!! :thumbs up:

(Didn't ya just KNOW the Okie's ribs would be a little overcooked????)

Mine were FINE. :1987_food:

I know. I snuck one when you had your head turned.

Now you know why you were the only one that finished their whole plate.:roflmaoha0::roflmaoha0:

Joneser
04-09-2010, 12:40 PM
Great review....
If you squint real hard, you can see the pic quite clearly...Try it!

SmokyOkie
04-09-2010, 01:33 PM
:wow: you're right!