PDA

View Full Version : Wiley's Championship BBQ

Bubba
04-07-2010, 09:26 AM
Sorry in advance for the lack of pictures, but thought I would put a review up of this Savannah, GA joint. I found it via Urbanspoon (it rarely dissappoints) because it was the highest rated Q joint in the area. When we got there it is a little hole in the wall of a small strip mall (4 businesses?) and only had 6 tables inside. After eating way too much, I left very pleased.

My father-in-law and I split the sampler so we could taste all the meats. The ribs are St. Louis cut and KC style and came out piping hot. The chicken was just OK, but I think most chicken Q is not as good as the others. The brisket is sweet and tender, but holds its form in nice 1/4" slices. The pork was fantastic, juicy and flavorful.

The star of the show was the Redneck Nachos we got as an appetizer. They are house made thick potato chips smothered in pulled pork, cheese & bbq sauce. I could tell the pork on this was from the money muscle (just a coincidence I am sure) but it was so juicy and delicious. Next time I make a butt, you can bet your #@$!#@$!#@$! I will be making some of these!

Savannahsmoker
07-14-2010, 10:22 PM
As we live in Savannah, GA wife and I are going to check it out next week. Thanks for the report.

Bubba
07-15-2010, 09:38 PM
Let us know how ya like it!