PDA

View Full Version : I should have been fired!!

h20loo
04-06-2010, 08:15 AM
I started the egg Sunday afternoon to do a lake trout for my wife. Since I was only doing one fish I didn't put much lump in and a big stick of cherry.
The fish was done in short order and I decided I would do a butt for PP sandwiches during the week. I pulled an 8lber out of the freezer and thawed it in water for an hour. While this was thawing I brought the egg back down to 225 and let it settle there. I checked the butt and of course it wasn't unthawed so I gave it another 1/2 hr. I had to run some errands and so I pulled the butt, dried it and rubbed it. It was still frozen in the centre but I put it on the egg at 3pm. My errands led to a buddies farm where I had my boat stored and since I had to move the boat I decided to just run it up to the cottage for the season. Completely forgot about the egg. We got back at 4:30 am and as I was sneaking in the back door I got a whiff of smoke- checked the thermos and the egg and the butt were sitting around 150. Took the butt in, pulled the bone out and shredded the butt. It was awesome and just what I needed at 5 in the morning.
I can't think of any other smoker that would produce good Q with such a dum bass owner!!
My wife made sure I was up at 6 for work!!

silver-bullet
04-06-2010, 10:18 AM
h2o wrote.........
I can't think of any other smoker that would produce good Q with such a dum bass owner!!

I can.......A Pellet Pooper!

h20loo
04-06-2010, 10:49 AM
I can.......A Pellet Pooper![/quote]

Had a traeger- good smoker, "set it and forget it" for sure but not close to an egg in economy or grilling.

I make this comment in the safety of "Ceramic Cookers":cheers2:

SmokyOkie
04-06-2010, 12:07 PM
Backwoods or drum.:shrug:

cabinetmaker
04-06-2010, 01:04 PM
:whathesaid: