PDA

View Full Version : The NEW Traegers

silver-bullet
04-03-2010, 10:33 AM
Here is what the new Traegers are going to look like.
http://www.pelletcookers.com/bbq300.pdf

Now most of you know I take this Pellet Head thing pretty seriously. When I first saw this I thought this was an impressive new look. So much that I called Traeger to get the full scoop in this unit.
When I got off the phone I was very disapointed.
I was left with the impression that this is no more than a LIL Tex with a face lift. Other than that there is no new technology. It uses the same mediocore heat controller that only goes to 400 degrees.

In this day when most of your pellet poopers are now getting into the 500 to 650 degrees in heat range. (I don't know about the 325 that is suppose to be a bigger unit.)

IMHO if Traeger wants to compete with the Memphis style look it should also put a decent heat control unit on them to compete with them there as well. Just my :twocents: I don't see a new Traeger in my Future.

As I prevoiusly posted, I've been doing alot of reserch..........

Joneser
04-03-2010, 12:52 PM
Looks like a gasser to me....

Bbq Bubba
04-03-2010, 02:06 PM

With an extension cord. :misbehaving:

californiasmokin
04-03-2010, 02:52 PM
You keep looking Lou.Let us know!

PigCicles
04-03-2010, 07:14 PM

With an extension cord. :misbehaving:

I have to agree with them. It's a shame they didn't bump it up a notch while they were making changes.

Partyshack BBQ
04-04-2010, 10:17 PM
Here is what the new Traegers are going to look like.
http://www.pelletcookers.com/bbq300.pdf

Now most of you know I take this Pellet Head thing pretty seriously. When I first saw this I thought this was an impressive new look. So much that I called Traeger to get the full scoop in this unit.
When I got off the phone I was very disapointed.
I was left with the impression that this is no more than a LIL Tex with a face lift. Other than that there is no new technology. It uses the same mediocore heat controller that only goes to 400 degrees.

In this day when most of your pellet poopers are now getting into the 500 to 650 degrees in heat range. (I don't know about the 325 that is suppose to be a bigger unit.)

IMHO if Traeger wants to compete with the Memphis style look it should also put a decent heat control unit on them to compete with them there as well. Just my :twocents: I don't see a new Traeger in my Future.

As I prevoiusly posted, I've been doing alot of reserch..........
Lou check your pm's

Partyshack BBQ
04-04-2010, 10:28 PM
I have to agree with them. It's a shame they didn't bump it up a notch while they were making changes.
Traeger got bought out a year or so ago and are now made in China. Its not a shocker that they changed it to a more grill looking item. Cheaper for them to produce and interchange with what they currently make. I would think you would lose a lot of convection flow with the changes they made.