PDA

View Full Version : Cheesy Rice

BYBBQ
03-27-2010, 02:04 PM
Here ya go Big Al. This is the recipe for the Cheesy Rice.

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t299/jsdesign1/Pictures%202010/March/TENDERLOIN%203-25-10/CopyofPLR0010Medium.jpg

Cheesy Rice

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
1 cup uncooked long-grain rice
1/2 cup finely chopped onion
2 whole Jalapeno pepper, cored, seeded, and finely chopped
4 Tbs butter, unsalted
3 Tbs flour
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper -- freshly cracked
1/2 tsp dry mustard
1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1 3/4 cups milk
8 oz cheddar cheese, finely shredded

1. Cook rice according to package directions.

2. Sauté onions and Japepeno peppers in 4 tablespoons butter until soft and tender

3. Blend in the 3 tablespoons flour, salt, pepper, Worcestershire sauce and dry mustard.

4. Gradually add milk, stirring constantly.

5. Continue to cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is thickened.

6. Add in the cheese slowly; stirring until cheese is melted.

7. Mix rice and cheese together.

8. Put rice mixture in a buttered, shallow baking dish or casserole dish

9. Bake at 375° for 20 minutes

10. Let cool for 5 minutes before serving. mixture will thicken back up as it cools.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Tip....Broccoli, cauliflower, or mushrooms make tasty additions to the recipe for a different taste or if someone doesn't like Jalapeno peppers.

Tip.... Put the rice and sauce mixture in a pan and finish cooking it in the smoker to add a great smokey flavor to the dish. About 35 to 40 minutes in a 250° smoker works great.

PigCicles
03-27-2010, 02:12 PM
Awwww drats! No pics!

Sounds danged tastely to me Jim. Thanks for sharing - even if you did do it for a turd :msn-wink:

BYBBQ
03-27-2010, 02:30 PM
Awwww drats! No pics!

Sounds danged tastely to me Jim. Thanks for sharing - even if you did do it for a turd :msn-wink:

I added a pic just for you, Joe.:D

PigCicles
03-27-2010, 02:41 PM
Ya see - that's what makes you so great Jim. Thanks buster :thumbs up:

BigAL
03-27-2010, 03:06 PM
Thanks, Jim!!!! I'm make'n this tonight after the cats chew up some bulldogs!:thumbs up:

We like our rice, and I think this is gonna make'm all real happy!(less the jalps, though.:blushing::shrug:)

Thanks, buddy, I really do appreciate it. :thumbs up:

BYBBQ
03-27-2010, 04:09 PM
Big Al, instead of the Jalapenos, substitute some broccoli or cauliflower.:msn-wink:

BigAL
03-28-2010, 06:27 AM
This is good stuff!!! I made it last night and everyone really liked it. Next time I'll play a bit more by adding some corn and broccoli.:thumbs up: This would also be great use'n potatoes or pasta.:eating:

Thanks, Jim.

BYBBQ
03-28-2010, 07:30 AM
This is good stuff!!! I made it last night and everyone really liked it. Next time I'll play a bit more by adding some corn and broccoli.:thumbs up: This would also be great use'n potatoes or pasta.:eating:

Thanks, Jim.

Glad you liked it, Turd.:D

If you really want to get adventurous, try using different cheeses.

Smoked Gouda and lump crabmeat or shrimp is really good with rice.:wings:

bbqbull
03-28-2010, 08:00 AM
I will be trying this soon, thanks for the recipe.:thumbs up: