PDA

View Full Version : Big Bruce's BBQ - Dallas TX

PigCicles
03-17-2010, 03:58 PM
I was recently in Dallas on a company trip and Big Bruce's BBQ was suggested as a place to get BBQ. So we all loaded up and headed out to find it. Wasn't hard to find.

The menu is posted up on the wall and you choose what you want from single items to a bundled meal. I got the Belly Buster two meat sandwich with brisket and pulled pork and that came with one side and a drink.

Price wasn't bad, but IMHO the food lacked any flavor to speak of. It was smoked, but very lightly. Almost to the point of 'why bother'.

My opinion of the place is that I wouldn't go back even though it appears that the locals liked the place. I just don't know why.

Big Bruce's Bar-B-Que

8018 S Lancaster Rd
Dallas, TX 75241

Bubblehead
03-17-2010, 05:48 PM
They don't know any better? There's a place in Edmond, OK my Mom was raving about so my wife and I went one trip back there. It was boring food to say the least. My wife took a bite of the pulled pork and said "do they cook this in an oven? It hardly has any smoke to it."

Butt Lover's
03-17-2010, 06:37 PM
They don't know any better? There's a place in Edmond, OK my Mom was raving about so my wife and I went one trip back there. It was boring food to say the least. My wife took a bite of the pulled pork and said "do they cook this in an oven? It hardly has any smoke to it."

Was it Steve's?

Bubblehead
03-17-2010, 07:34 PM
Yep, sure was.

Butt Lover's
03-17-2010, 08:33 PM
It's okay...like everything else once you learn to do it yourself, nothing else is good enough!

SmokyOkie
03-17-2010, 09:04 PM
In all fairness to all the Q Joints out there, there is no way that a restaurant can be expected to produce the quality of food that an experienced Q chef does.

they have to mass produce. They can;t hand select each piece of meat, nor can they baby sit it as it cooks.

At the same time though, there are those that do a much better jjob than others.

gregory
03-17-2010, 09:48 PM
In all fairness to all the Q Joints out there, there is no way that a restaurant can be expected to produce the quality of food that an experienced Q chef does.

they have to mass produce. They can;t hand select each piece of meat, nor can they baby sit it as it cooks.

At the same time though, there are those that do a much better jjob than others.

My J&R OYler makes GREAT q! I cook it every day, over wood, and there is really no difference between what i serve in the raunt and what i turn in at comps:twocents:

SmokyOkie
03-17-2010, 09:59 PM
You got an Oyler?

I am green with envy.

Can we see it?

I've only ever seen 2 of them in person.

What is the name of your restaurant and your BBQ team?